McCafé in Hong Kong [Travel]

2013 Jan 4
McCafé is so different in Hong Kong. It is a separate section and offers more variety of cakes. I just wish McCafé can be operated like that in Hong Kong.

BTW, McDonald's is always busy and full of people.

PS. I have been away for more than a month. Now I am back and see more new restaurants in town. This is good news. However, lack of good quality Chinese restaurants is still a problem in Ottawa.

2013 Jan 4
This shows the cake display at one of the McCafés in Hong Kong. The selection includes New York Cheesecake (about CAN$3 per piece), Cookies & Cream Cheesecake, Blueberry cheesecake, Molten chocolate cake, Dark chocolate cake, Chestnut cake, Chocolate lamington, Walnut coffee lamington, Strawberry lamington, Banana walnut muffin, and even chicken mango sandwich and chicken & onion ciabatta.

2013 Jan 5
Welcome back, Ashley! I'm looking forward to hearing about your continued quest for Chinese restaurants. I'd love actual cakes and pastries at our McCafés.

2013 Jan 21
I mean to say "I just wish McCafé can be operated like that in Ottawa".

Momomoto, I tried:

- Kim's restaurant (on Carling) and will not go back in a rush,

- the new Fortune Express with friends who know what dishes are good there and the selected ones were quite good

- Mandarin Ogilvie is still the winner, but just don't go there on Wednesday (head chef day off and the dishes won't be the same)

We also tried Mr. Beckta's new restaurant, Gezellig, for Sunday brunch. Gone with high expectation and left with so so experience. The service was excellent, but the food didn't vow us and our 4 other friends. We went there to try out the food first to determine if we should have our annual Chinese New Year gathering there. The group didn't vote for the place.

We also went to NAC's Le Cafe, and left quite happy although the Ceasar Salad was quite salty.

Hilton's Arome was quite good (went there twice in December). But didn't like their sweet table and hope that they can remove the Sweet table and change to some good selection of dessert instead.

We like Fraser Cafe's food. But we always have a hard time to get the timeslot we want and hence book other restaurant instead.

Once I have more time, I will write my review (if I still remember).

2013 Jan 21
McCafes in Paris also had more dessert selection..