Erica's PepperSauce [Food/Vendor]

2013 Jan 3
Help! Thought we'd be going back to the Caribbean this winter and here we are settling in to beautiful Wakefield instead. Not so tough - but we're running low on Erica's. An addiction that can not be ignored or cured.

Anybody's who's been to the windward islands will have been exposed to the best hot sauce ever to pique their palate - Erica's Country Style Pepper Sauce. Whether you're in Aunt Jobe's in Kingstown, St. Vincent or Doris' Fine Foods on Bequia, this is the sauce that's front and centre on the shelf, the sauce that's ubiquitous to all kitchens and restaurants on all the islands, the only sauce you can buy in four litre containers!

Anyone know of somewhere in the Ottawa area that we can replenish? Please?

2013 Jan 3
although they do not have any Erica's products listed on there website, they may have it or can get it.

hey are now in Manotick.

chillychiles.com/

2013 Jan 3
Thanks. I'll give them a call and see if they've got it or can find it. They look like serious 'sauce' folk.

2013 Jan 3
I am intrigued! I would love to try some. A quick search led me to a Carribbean import site and ebay.co.uk. Do you know if it's available in Barbados?

2013 Jan 4
Grace Ottawa on Bank St, also carries a lot of Caribbean food. You could try phoning them to find out.

www.graceottawa.com/#!groceries

Also Mugena Grocery:
www.mugena.ca

You can stay and have a nice roti there too.

2013 Jan 4
I work at Chilly Chiles and can tell you we don't carry that sauce, at least not yet. Unfortunately I'm not sure where or if you could find this sauce in Ottawa, I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything. At the very least I'll let the store owner know that someone's interested in it.

2013 Jan 4
Thanks all. I'll follow up the leads and I'll have to get into Chilly Chiles and check out the selection. We flew back through Barbados last year and I'm pretty sure it was at the airport. I can't imagine it wouldn't be somewhere on the island. Barbados is mentioned on their web site.

www.ericascountrystyle.com

2013 Jan 5
From what I've found so far,the sauce enters into the United States at
Florida(I'll give you the exact name of the distributor when I get home from work, as I have the name of it on my computer) from there it seems to just disappear. I know that's not very helpful but I did let the store owner know you're looking for it. I'll see if there's anything else I can dig up.

2013 Jan 6
The name is Caribbean Island Imports, the site I found it on may have more info but you have to join (and I really don't want to do that). If you're interested in checking it out, the site is www.importgenius.com (you'll have to type the name of the sauce into the search bar, located in the middle of the page, on the right side).

I've emailed Caribbean Island Imports, asking them if they know of any places in the area that might have it.

2013 Jan 7
So here is the email I sent:

Hi, I was just wondering if you know of any place that sells Erica's Country Style Hot Sauce in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. If not, could you provide me with some links to distributors that might know.

Thanks

and here is the message I received:

to tell you the truth. I believe I am the only one importing the Erica's.

We can ship to you if you wish. Shipping is not too expensive if under 4 lbs.

sincerely

Mindy

Caribbean Island Imports

I guess at this point you'll have to either order from them or check out the caribbean grocery store's in the city, minus the one at the corner of Bank St and Walkley Rd.

2013 Jan 7
Thanks for your help. I'll check it out and see if shipping costs (and duty) make it worth while. Maybe a winter get-away is going to be the only option left. Actually I might just give Erica a call and explore the possibilities. Decisions, decisions.

2013 Jan 7
I salute you for your excellent customer service Tunnel B1. It really reflects well on your employer. Good job!

2013 Jan 7
Tunnel B1, how I agree with ollie! It's such a pleasure to come in contact with someone who enjoys 'the hunt' and obviously loves food and hopefully - the job. Kudos to you and your employer. I look forward to getting into your store soon. The code-word will be Erica's. Many thanks for your above and beyond.

2013 Jan 7
Tequila Confit, I really do enjoy 'the hunt' and my job. It was a pleasure to help you out and I hope you get a chance to check out our store.