cold vietnamese salad rolls to go [Food/Vendor]

2007 Jul 30
i'm looking for cold salad rolls to go that are meal size. vegetarian preferred (with or without tofu).

i like the ones at cam kong, though they are smaller. i have bought the ready made ones at herb & spice, and they are fine, but the dipping sauce isn't that great. my first choice for dipping sauce is the vietnamese sauce of fish sauce, lime & chilis (nuoc cham).

i can/could make my own, i am just lazy because of being pregnant in this heat :)

thanks for any and all suggestions!

2007 Jul 30
Are you talking about Vietnamese fresh rolls? Pretty much any Vietnamese restaurant in Ottawa would have them I would expect... Most come in appetizer size (2 rolls) - but couldn't you just order 2 or something?

My personal faves are from Spring Roll House Cafe on Wellington (they come with a light peanut sauce), and Temptation Tea Shop on Bank- which has the Temptation Roll which features mango and apple inside YUM! Can't remember which sauce they use... I know Phomn Phenn (I think that's the name???) right across from Spring Roll House Cafe uses the fish sauce combo sauce that you specify, I also know that they have a tofu fresh roll.

2007 Jul 30
thanks.

in vancouver you could get meal size salad rolls everywhere, so i am hoping i can find that. you are right though, most of the vietnamese places have the smaller, appetizer rolls. cam kong and new me fung have the option of ordering all the insides, but rolling them yourselves. i just want something i can pick up on the way home!

2007 Jul 31
I like the ones at the New Mee Fung on Booth street, very good and the dipping sauce is good too, not too sweet.