1/2 berkshire pig available [General]

2012 Mar 19
the other half is spoken for.....let me know if interested.

2012 Mar 19
I'm interested dependent upon timing. When would we take delivery of the meat?

2012 Mar 19
"Bolt" as I call him is going in tomorrow. I would need cutting instructions ASAP unless you want just the half carcass and do it yourself :)

He will be ready Thursday or Friday. If you elect the cut and wrapped option I can store it for a few weeks in my freezer if needed.

2012 Mar 19
Is that the same kind of pig i got ?

Great pig! Unfortunately I'm not quite ready for another half but I wouldn't mind more belly if anyone wants to sell some

2012 Mar 19
Hey Zym.....

You got a 'large black' last time and this one should be similar, folks tend to think berkshire is the superior breed. I tend to believe a lot has to do with how they are fed and kept over some of the genetic traits of various breeds. but that is beer conversation ;)

I will check stock and may have some belly available. Had to take over granny's freezer to store things in.

Krusty,

2012 Mar 20
Always interested for future reference.

2012 Jun 7
It is that time again for a piggie to go to market. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Also my sow is about to have pig babies and plan to roast a suckling later this summer when they are a couple months old....if anyone has any recipes or suggestions on how to do it let me know! I can fit it on my charcoal rotisserie.