Anywhere to get grits in Ottawa? [General]

2007 Jul 20
Hello,

I'm immigrating to Ottawa from the U.S. in August. Is there any place around Ottawa that serves grits for breakfast? Or are there groceries that sell grits?

Thanks.

2007 Jul 20
The only place I've seen grits on sale for breakfast is at (ugh) Denny's - hopefully someone else has a better suggestion. I'll keep my eyes open at the grocery stores, there MUST be one that carries them...

2007 Jul 20
I'm afraid of Denny's. It might hurt me.

Sometimes African groceries stock grits. I did a search and found a place called Jessiflex at 391 McArthur Avenue. It's described as an "African, Caribbean, Latin American, Canadian Grocery Store." They also rent Nigerian movies. Has anyone checked out this place?

2007 Jul 20
our giant loblaws usually carries grits, it just isn't always in the spot you would expect. sometimes it is with the pasta/rice/couscous, sometimes with the porridge/oatmeal. it usually involves some hunting.

another grocery store, food basics carries a lot of harder to find ethnic groceries and grace ottawa, on bank street downtown, has a big selection of caribbean foods.

2007 Jul 20
I received an email from Alison at Chilly Chiles, saying the following: We carry white hominy grits, as well as a mix that contains grits and the ingredients to make a shrimp and grits dish.

Chilly Chiles: Chilly Chiles

2007 Jul 20
Yowza! Thanks.