ancho/arbol chilies [General]

2011 Dec 20
I'm looking for a suggestion on where to find some ried chilies, Ancho and Arbol. They may in fact be easy to find, I just don't feel like running around all over the place given that stores are already busy right now.

2011 Dec 20
Grace Ottawa on Bank almost always has Ancho, and usually has Arbol Chilis.

I have three containers worth of Arbol sitting at home if you get depserate.

2011 Dec 20
Thanks a bunch English Foodie! Actually there is a Grace location in Kanata close to my work. I think I may sneek out now and see if they have any. I'm making Chilli for the Xmas potluck tomorrow

2011 Dec 20
You're thinking of Grace in the Kitchen - They may have some as well, but I meant Grace Ottawa; the Carribean/Asian Gtrocery store and wig shop. They usually have a huge selection of Dried/smoked peppers, selection tends to vary though.

2011 Dec 20
Grace in the Kitchen usually has them too. Pretty great selection of Mex/Latin ingredients for a shop with such a diverse selection.

2011 Dec 20
I was at Grace in the kitchen yesterday, and didn't see any Arbol, but they had quite a few other dried chiles, like cascabel and guajillo.

Chilly Chiles out in Navan would have them for sure, they also ship pretty quickly and cheaply. I've also seen arbol at La Tiendita on Merivale near Carling.

2011 Dec 20
I've gotten arbols at La Tienda on Merivale and Anchos are available at Grace In The Kitchen on Hazeldean and at Chili Chillies in Navan.

2011 Dec 20
Acorn Creek Garden Farm may actually have some. They grow their own and dry/smoke them. You could give them a call and see.

2011 Dec 21
I've got them at the latin market (sorry name escapes me) on the west side of Merivale just south of Carliing. And they also have the ground chiles in several varieties.

2011 Dec 21
There was a store on Montreal road just west of the Vanier Parkway.

2011 Dec 22
The latin grocery on Merivale is called "La Tiendita"