Flourless chocolate cake or gluten free dessert [General]

2011 Sep 15
Where is the best place to get a flourless chocolate cake in Ottawa....downtown preferably. Any other gluten free cakes that you recommend?

2011 Sep 15
not cake but the peanut butter pie at thyme and again is very very good.

2011 Sep 15
Market organics has a lot of gluten free foods.

2011 Sep 15
The chocolate one from Thyme and Again is very good.

2011 Sep 15
Serious cheese used to have flourless chocolate cookies...now only in Kanata...bleh :(
if you are in Kanata, you are quite lucky.

Aunty Loo's on Bronson has some gluten free items,but it changes all the time.

Herb and Spice maybe??

Natural Food Pantry in Billings Bridge sells some gluten free baked goods- they are packaged for the store and all seem to be gluten free.
I have not tried them as I do not want to buy 6 cupcakes at once.
They have a bunch of different items.

Trillium Bakery, just remembered they have a lot of gluten free baked goods and cakes. they are on Bank st

online well.ca sells a lot of gluten free desserts w free shipping and cheaper than natural food pantry!
I have bought the Jennies macaroons and there is a chocolate kind. those are quite good! not really chocolatey as it is more coconut, still it is gluten free.
they sell baking mixes too.

2011 Sep 16
The Cake Shop on Greenbank road does a great flour less chocolate cake.
It's a 8 layer cake with chocolate mousse between the layers. Very yummy.
We get it for our Jewish holidays as well a it's dairy free.
The have gluten free cheese cakes, birthday cakes, cup cakes and coconut macaroons.
I also like the assortment of meringues they make. Some with chocolate chips etc.

2011 Sep 17
Thanks guys! Got what I needed at Thyme and Again. I will visit the Cake Shop next time for some variety.

2011 Sep 19
this recipe is pretty damm good

blogs.babble.com