Foodie Fundraisers [General]

2011 Sep 9
Scouts Canada is about to embark upon its annual popcorn fundraiser, so if you live in or around Hintonburg and are interested in more details and potentially supporting my kids, let me know via private message.

Or if you do not live in that area, please seek out your local Scout troop and support them in their efforts.

Here are the details on this year's Scouts popcorn sale. BTW just over half of every dollar goes to the kids
picasaweb.google.com

What other foodie fundraisers are going on around town?

2011 Sep 10
So what is the recommended flavor Zymurgist?
I was a boy scout, and part of my training involved learning to cook salisbury steak in a tinfoil packet over a campfire. Maybe the first thing I ever cooked?

2011 Sep 10
I don't know to be honest - this is the first year our troop is doing this fundraiser so I am not familiar with any of it. I know that the microwave popcorn is the most popular item, and after that the donation to the Canadian Troops is the next most.

2011 Sep 11
The caramel corn, (with nuts) is so good it should be illegal.

2011 Oct 8
Anyone else want to order anything? We take orders til the end of the month and deliver in the middle of November

50% of proceeds go to our Cub pack.
10% goes to Scouts Canada head office.

2012 Sep 27
It is that time of year again if anyone wants to help my boys pay for their camp costs this year.

25% of proceeds go to the child's own camp costs
25% go to the whole Cub Pack
10% to Scouts Canada

So the kids are learning to take responsibility for themselves and also to help others.

The products and pricing are here at this link - let me know what you want

www.scouts.ca

Yes it is expensive. If you just want really good popcorn, go to Kernels since it is a lot cheaper. This is really good popcorn too (probably even better), but you have to want to help the kids. You would not buy it just for the popcorn I don't think.

2012 Sep 28
My son was in Cubs last year and I can vouch that it is good popcorn. Both the caramel corn and chocolate one are pretty decadent.

2012 Sep 28
I'll take a bag. I'll send you a DM....