Best chocolate cake in Ottawa? [General]

2011 Aug 23
Looking for tips on where to buy the best chocolate cake in Ottawa. I'm looking for one with a denser texture preferably with some ganache and/or mousse.

2011 Aug 23
Chocolate Cake

And don't forget the "see also" links:

Chocolate Mousse Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake

My personal favourite is the Chocolate Mousse Cake at Three Tarts.

2011 Aug 23
3 Bakers and a Bike does an evilly dense little chocolate cake of evil.

2011 Aug 23
i had a fantastic chocolate brownie at art-is-in bakery. while not a cake, it was also not a brownie. it was a dense, chocolatey cake covered in the lightest most delicious chocolate icing. it is at least worth a taste test :)

2011 Aug 24
Mrs Fields flourless chocolate brownie is really good, the recipe is in her old cookbook.

other than that I am not sure.
I make a really rich chocolate mousse w cote d'or 70% orange chocolate bars- it is almost too rich.
A mix of 40 and 70% cocoa chocolate turns out just right.....

I like a certain store's dark chocolate ice cream- it is almost like frozen mousse or frozen dark chocolate....but they have not had it lately..so won't mention.

Stubbe is usually good and their cakes quite rich.

2011 Aug 24
Great suggestions, thanks!

I'd love that chocolate mousse recipe Prettytasty if you're wiling to pass it on.

2011 Aug 24
Pâtisserie Fine Fidélice
Excellent Chocolate cake. Search the vendors for reviews.

2011 Aug 24
I'll have to try and find it, it was the one on the package of Dolfin chocolate flakes.
I have it somewhere, but by memory it seems to be a traditional chocolate mousse.

You need 90 grams chocolate flakes , 3 whole eggs.
I will get a more detailed list,but just want to find where the heck I put my instructions as I haven't made this is 4+ months and want to be sure.