Canada Day (who's open) [General]

2011 Jun 30
Any recommendations for Canada Day? We tried Fraser last year (closed) so we had lunch rooftop at New Edinburgh Pub, which was good.

Perhaps some places downtown, ie. Sparks, for the Parliament festivities?

2011 Jun 30
ok I know this is not what you were asking for, but I still think it might be helpful for some people looking for a simple bite to eat or some bagels, deli meat ect.

Ottawa Bagel Shop on Wellington will be open as usual :) and I plan on having a lovely fishermens choice bagel! YUM!

2011 Jun 30
I need some suggestions too for a nice dinner tomorrow.
So far I saw that Play, food and Wine and Town will be closed.

2011 Jun 30
Must wine bar and Tapas is open; I made a reservation for dinner.

2011 Jun 30
I believe quite a few places are open on the Quebec side . . . usually on major holidays when things are closed in Ottawa they are open in Quebec and vice versa.

I would phone ahead and see.

------------------

Yummy Sushi on Somerset is open . . . just had lunch there.

Then we went over to the Rideau Center, so my son could buy a red shirt . . . and all the stores and restaurants there were open.

Most were sold out of red shirts, but shirts with Canada flags on them were selling for 3 for $10 at Old Navy.

2011 Jul 1
Walking down Bank Street today I saw that the Buzz and Whalesbone are both closed.

Had a really good brunch at Maxwell's on Elgin though!

2011 Jul 2
Thanks for the suggestions, all. It's only after going to the Market late afternoon did I realize practically everything was open. Early afternoon, during the Parliament Hill festivities, glad to see Yesterday's/Carletown Tavern open. Not for the food which looked like a notch above fast food fried stuff, but the cold brews. We stupidly walked to town with no water or cash, so we had to go to a resto to cool down.

For supper, we visited Murray Street Bistro, had the charcuterie/cheese plate (review to follow) on the nice courtyard patio, then tried Casa do Churrasco on Dalhousie for a full meal, however the patio was packed so we headed to the Hull side. Tartuffe was full too, so we settled for sandwiches, orangina, and beer at a nearby dépanneur haha.