KFC Famous Bowl [Food/Vendor]

2007 Apr 19
KFC has released a new dish called the Famous Bowl in all their US restaurants. Mashed potato, brown gravy, sweet corn, popcorn chicken and a three-cheese blend, all in one bowl.

www.kfc.com

4.5 g of trans fat and 100% your daily quota of sodium. Yes, please!

Any word or sight of release in Canada? St. Hubert already does a chicken poutine; so at least the Quebec market is primed and ready!

2007 Apr 19
You know, I bet that would taste pretty good. In other news, KFC has finally switched to trans-fat free cooking oil and now boasts a menu that is low in trans, at least in Ontario!

The "crunch" sandwiches still have trans, because they are pre-fried at the factory and I guess they haven't been able to change their recipe. But the chicken pieces and fries are now fried in soybean oil instead of shortening. We tried some on the weekend and I found the taste to be pretty much the same but the texture has suffered a tiny bit. The batter seems a little bit thinner and there's less of a crunch to it. As a bonus, you don't get the hard white film on refrigerated leftovers like you used to with the shortening-fried stuff. :)

2007 Apr 20
Just looking at that bowl makes my chest throb... not like feelings of love, more like... cardiac arrest.