Where to buy fondant in Ottawa? [Food/Vendor]

2009 Oct 27
I am making a Halloween Birthday cake for a friend this weekend. I am going to do something similar to the cake in the attached photo. I have made my won fondant before, but I am busy this week and in the essence of time, does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some? Preferably anywhere in West Ottawa (close to Merivale) or Downtown would be helpful! :)
Cheers!

2009 Oct 28
Michaels carries the Wilton fondant in assorted colours and you can also try Artistic Cakes design on Clyde Ave.

2009 Oct 28
I would consider calling Heinrich Stubbe of Stubbe Chocolates down on Dalhousie.

2009 Oct 29
Thats great thanks. Any more suggestions would be helpful! I will let you know when I get some!

2009 Oct 29
I'm pretty sure that Bulk Barn also carries the Wilton fondant, but it's NOT cheap, and it doesn't taste very good.

2009 Oct 29
As a wedding cake maker I would seriously advise you against using Wilton fondant. It tastes horrible. Your best bet would be to go to Artistic Cake design, it's actually located off Merivale. They make their own fondant, and it's delicious! I hope that helps : )

2009 Oct 29
Awesome! I am going tomorrow. I will let you know! :) Cheers!