Looking for Mariage Frères [General]

2009 Oct 18
Does anyone know where I can find tea (Mariage Frères) in Ottawa??
I have no good luck so far. I usually buy Mariage Frères tea when I go to Japan.
Mariage Frères is French tea company. Holt Renfrew used to sell Mariage Frères
during the Holiday season, but they do not sell anymore :( WHY!!!!!
I appreciate any info regarding Mariage Frères in Ottawa!! Thank you!!

2009 Oct 18
Try www.coffee.ca over in Gatineau - they have a huge selection of tea as well

2009 Oct 18
OMG - I am addicted to this tea as well!

You can find it at Holt Renfrew in Montreal. The Ottawa store doesn't carry it.

Or Williams Sonoma stores in the US carry it.

The other thing I have been thinking about trying is bringing in my (now empty) canister of tea to a place like The Tea Store and asking if they can try to do a custom blend based on the smell.

Edit: A bit of background for those who are curious - www.lasplash.com

2009 Oct 21
Zym: I have never heard of this tea store in Gatineau! Huge tea and coffee selection, that sounds good! Thank you for the link, I will check it out!! :)

Pam: My favourites are Éros and Marco Polo. What is your favourite?
Have you ever tried Nectar?(tea store on Wellington)I wonder if they can do a custom blend...

2009 Oct 22
Nectar does do blends of their own, so I would think this would be possible. I've never had Mariage Freres, but your comments have me intrigued. Next time I'm in Montreal I'll have to see if I can find some at Holt Renfrew.

2009 Oct 25
Mariage Freres will ship to Canada, per their web site. This gives you access to their whole product line.

2009 Oct 26
Okay now I want to know what I'm missing out on. Why is it such fabulous tea?
My daily tea is Yorkshire Gold. Sipping a cuppa right now actually.

2009 Oct 28
Gardener Mom: I heard that Nectar has expanded its store and now drinking space is available. My friend told me that they also sale Japanese sweets(wagashi)made by Japanese pastry chef. I haven't been there for long time, so I go there and check it out if it is true.

mark_ottawa: I didn't know I can buy tea on line! I will check their web site again. Thank you for your tip!

Baking Bomb shell: I just love the flavour!! I recommend anyone to try "Eros." There are Mariage freres' tea salon in Japan and I used to enjoy spending time there. I hope they will come to ottawa someday.

Image: Mariage Freres store and tea salon in Ginza, Tokyo

2009 Oct 29
Nectar has expanded and has a lovely space for having tea and light foods. I've had some of their sweet offerings and they are quite tasty and of good quality.

2009 Oct 29
Gardener Mom: Thank you so much for your info!!
I am glad you enjoyed good time at Nectar. I will go next week! :)