Connecting a tag to a vendor [Site]

2008 Aug 13
How can I connect a tag to a vendor? For example, Starbucks is starting to offer free-wifi in the next week or so, and I was about to do the connection, but I can't figure out how, or can I?

LWB

2008 Aug 13
LWB, you can't connect a tag to a vendor yourself. This is a necessary restriction to help control quality. The way to do it is to click on the "+See something wrong or missing? Click here." link that appears on every vendor/food page, and then suggest it there (just as you did a few minutes ago for Westboro Market).

I'll add the Wifi link to Starbucks. Thanks! :)

2008 Aug 13
Danke schoen FF! Much appreciated.

edit: this also then explains why the "+See something wrong or missing? Click here." button does not appear on unapproved vendors (ie. vendor 1544).

Does that mean when a vendor is created, that the user who adds it is able to add tags at the beginning? I'm just curious, because the aforementioned vendor has about 7 or 8 tags (some of which I will be mentioning when the vendor is approved).

Thanks!

2008 Aug 13
LWB - When a new Vendor or Food is created editorial control is with the person who created the new entry. This is so that the creator can go back in and make revisions to what they have written (ie the blurb) or to add or remove tags that they discover in their research.

Once the new Vendor or Food is APPROVED editorial control transfers to the WebMaster (FF) who has at the time of APPROVAL double-checked all the info for accuracy (including the name, its spelling, location, website and the associated tags). So after APPROVAL is when one uses the "See Something Wrong or Missing, click here" button... and one writes a message to FF with the info (such as a change in website address for example).

Sometimes if I see something "out of wack" from my research on a Vendor, even before an APPROVAL is issued, I will drop a message to Foodie to alert him, so that when he does his APPROVALS he knows what to look for. Hopefully my note to him saves him some time in doing APPROVALS (as they are very time consuming for FF).

But then again, that's just me, I'm a detail nut, and according to Captain C, I am now "tagged" as a "Nitpicker". LOL