celiac friendly [Food/Vendor]

2008 Jun 30
The Green Door

2008 Jun 30
There is a tag for Celiac Friendly restaurants on here.

If you find a restaurant which isn't listed I think you can use the "+See something wrong or missing? Click here." button to submit a change or make an addition to the tags.

2011 Apr 28
Hi all, my family now falls into the category of dealing with celiac disease. I looked through the list of restro's with the celiac-friendly tag, and noticed none of my favorites there. I'm pretty sure a number of restaurants can accomodate gluten free dining. Anyone out there with celiac's have their own list that we can parse for tags? FYI I updated Boston Pizza as they now have Gluten free pizza available at all locations.

Thanks in advance.

2011 Apr 28
sourdough I discovered the Ottawa Celiac Association has a discussion forum where people can surf in and recommend gluten free restos in Ottawa. They also have a listing of restos, products, etc. outside of the Ottawa area that are gluten free. Here is the website: www.celiac.ottawa.on.ca Hope that helps...

2011 Apr 28
While servicing sourdough's request to add BP to the Celiac-friendly tag, I also renamed the tag to Gluten-free.

I had originally chosen "Celiac-friendly" over "Gluten-free" because typically not all menu items at a Celiac-friendly restaurant are Gluten-free (compare: the Vegetarian tag is only for restaurants that offer exclusively vegetarian food). However, given the prevalence of gluten intolerance and elective gluten avoidance in the absence of actual Celiac disease, I thought "Gluten-free" is a more versatile tag name. As usual, hover your mouse over the tag for a description.

2011 Apr 29
Todric's has a few Gluten-free items on their brunch and breakfast menu and many of the main dishes seem to be gluten free.

I also like the website Nutsonline.com

they have a lot of gluten-free baking mixes that are much cheaper than Natural Food pantry.
Nuts Online also has great service.
They might not be "local" but they are a family owned small business.
Shipping for my last order (a 15lb box-15 items of 1lb each)...it took 3 days to get here :)

2011 May 2
sourdough I know you were looking specifically for restaurant recommendations but Market Organics will be holding their 1st annual gluten free days on May 13 and 14. If you are in the Byward Market area either of these days more info is on their website: www.marketorganics.ca

2011 May 2
Thanks for the tip - unfortunately the dates don't work out for us. I'd love to hear feed back if anyone else attends.