We're looking for the next food TV superstar [General]

2008 May 20
Television production company Knight Enterprises, creators of Food Network Canada’s hit series “Licence to Grill”, “This Food That Wine”, “The Great Canadian Food Show”,& “Cook Like A Chef”, are looking for articulate extroverts with a passion for food and cooking to become the new face of food television.

If you think you have what it takes to host lifestyle television, send us a short video* (on VHS or DVD), showcasing your talent and your personality, explaining your personal cooking philosophy and why YOU are the perfect candidate. Make sure you tell us who you are, what you do and what your cooking experience is. Please include a resume & all necessary contact information. Recent photographs/head shots will be accepted if a video application is not possible.

ALL MATERIAL CAN BE SENT TO:

KNIGHT ENTERPRISES
307-99 FIFTH AVENUE
OTTAWA, ONTARIO K1S 5P5
ATTN: HOST SEARCH

Feel free to contact us at talentsearch@knight-tv.com if you have any questions or would like more information. No phone calls please.

To find out more about us you can visit our website at: www.knight-tv.com

* Please note – only those short-listed will be contacted and applications will not be returned
* All applications due by Friday, June 6, 2008

2008 May 20
This would be great. Perhaps I could host it and call it:

Spectacular Successes and Outlandish Disasters - The ups and downs of a real home cook!

Cheers ;-)

2008 May 20
LOL! And as your first demonstration class you can feature salmon cornets!

2008 May 21
Yes that would be fun....

BTW, I made them on the weekend and they went fairly well. However, they are hot and it was difficult to wrap them around the mold. And I am someone who heat tends not to bother too much. I think the next time I do it, I might try using latex gloves to see if it helps just a little bit. Heat resistant gloves would be too cumbersome...

Now, the one thing likely to be a disaster for me would be bearnaise sauce. Don't know what it is, but about 70% of the time when I have made it from scratch its splits on me. Other recipes have given me challenges but nothing as consistent as bearnaise sauce.

I have taken to infusing shallots into tarragon vinegar and the reducing it and then just adding it when I make the package mix!

Cheers!

2008 May 24
If you have "baby fingers" you probably want to use two layers of glove(s?). one just seems to amplify the heat.