Where to find Strawberry Shortcake (a la Swiss Pastries) [General]

2018 Jul 25
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been to Swiss Pastries and tried their strawberry shortcake before they closed up shop. I've been trying to find a similar version of the one they used to make but it's been difficult to find. If someone has had it (or has not had it) and could leave a suggestion or recommendation that would be appreciated!

2018 Jul 26
Swiss Pastries was my favourite for cakes. So sad they are gone. Fidelice is a close second. www.fidelice.ca

2018 Jul 29
Simply biscotti has a strawberry shortcake. I haven’t tried so curious to hear feedback if anyone tries it. $24 for the medium size.

2018 Aug 3
La Rocca makes a decent one. You can order them from Loblaws/Independent Grocer Bakeries.

www.laroccacakes.com

2018 Aug 3
Thank you for your suggestions.

I was able to find out that the previous owner or baker opened up a shop in Stittsville called The Sweet Room Bakery.

When I went in and brought up the whole Swise Pastries being closed, the worker up front had a knowing look on his face like they get that a lot.

Long story short, they can make any cake that Swiss Pastries used to do by special order. I ordered the strawberry shortcake last Saturday to have ready for tomorrow.

On a side note, If no one's had the luxury of trying their take on the Sacher Torte, I'd highly recommend you order it... Having had the real deal from Vienna, I can confidently say it's closest interpretation you will find in the city.

2018 Aug 4
I've got a Sacher Torte recipe on the site - maybe someone can link it. It comes from a German friend whose family used to run a bakery in Mannheim. So it is the real deal.

2018 Aug 4
If someone could link that recipe for the sacher torte that would be great. I'd love to give it a try...

Nevermind, I found it by search:

Forum - Sachertorte

2018 Aug 14
Julia Hsin is doing a hands on workshop for strawberry shortcake on Sun August 26 for $15 but I think you would only decorate with her demoing the cake.