Favourite poutine? [General]

2018 Jul 12
I've got a couple of my own-- Pong's, chip truck on Wellington West near the RBC (Glen's, I think?), S&G-- but looking to broaden my horizons for getting a fix. Not looking for the fancy topping-laden versions.. just recommendations of favourite fries/gravy/curds spots. Pong's is our favourite, but sometimes it feels a little far to go :P

2018 Jul 12
Can never get to Pong's when it's open:( I'm a fan of Lou Patate in Gatineau...

2018 Jul 12
...and also like La Pataterie Hulloise (located you-know-where). Still need to try Fritomania in Orleans someday.

2018 Jul 13
Crispy Chips, the food truck at Hunt Club and Merivale in the Canadian Tire parking lot is very good.

2018 Jul 13
I know I might be shunned for this, but, I often find poutine to be a waste of good chip wagon fries. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE poutine in all its glory but I also want crispy fries to go along with it to dip in some mayo yaknow? I will sometimes ask if they can put cheese and gravy on half only...

Best spot? I like Chips and Dairy in the South End but that's only because it's close to me.

2018 Jul 13
I'm with you on the crispy fries. When ordering poutine I always ask for them to go light on the gravy so that I don't end up with mushy fries. That first photo looks more like soup.

2018 Jul 13
The Green Mill food truck in Almonte does a good classic poutine. They are on Ottawa Street, heading towards town.

2018 Jul 13
As much as I am a huge chip stand fan I have this weird thing for the Elgin Street Diner poutine. It's not that it's the best poutine by far but there is something about those skinny greasy browned fries with curds and their salty gravy that is like the perfect snack for me when the random craving hitd. Might be a nostalgia factor too. lol.

The best poutine that I ever ate in Ottawa was at the Double Decker chip stand at a city hall poutinefest a few years back. It was a Christmas dinner poutine that had turkey and stuffing and cranberry as well as the usual gravy and curds. I still think about it.

Also this is a great thread!

2018 Jul 13
*not liking your serving of poutine swimming in an ocean of gravy*

2018 Jul 13
Fabulous Fries in Almonte! Great fries and their gravy is thick but not excessively salty, and must have a touch of cider vinegar in it or something, as it's got a nice hint of zing that I like. Super friendly owners and well priced. I tend to go just for the fries, but they definitely aren't soggy in the poutine.

I'm in Carleton Place and have tried a handful here, but after about 5 samples, I think it's worth the short drive to Almonte for The Fabulous Fries.

2018 Jul 14
World Burger makes a killer poutine.