Bubble waffles [General]

2016 Aug 6

2016 Aug 7
where?

...i consumed one at the Midnight Market and NEED MOAR.

2016 Aug 9
Is that tiger tail ice cream on the plate??

What is so different about these waffles?
I have never heard of these before.

I do not have a waffle maker right now, but am getting one soon.

Is the dough for this anything like what they use to make the british popovers?

What if I take the dough for the popovers and add vanilla paste or vanilla extract?

I think a lot of the vendors from the night market were from Toronto, it seems.
and a few from Montreal...

This looks neater than my Lego waffles (I did make Lego shaped waffles a while back....)

2016 Aug 17
That was mango ice cream. Place in Toronto, unfortunately they only had one waffle iron and it took 15 min per. We ordered 5, but while the third one was being made, we told them we would take it then stop (as we were in a hurry).

Sometimes the bubble part is just waffle, but sometimes you can have filling in the bubble part.

They come in dessert and savory versions.

I think there are recipes on the web for the batter (but I don't see why other recipes or new recipes won't work).

www.amazon.com

www.amazon.ca

www.thekitchn.com

2016 Aug 22
While researching bubble waffle makers I noticed a lot of newer design waffle makers with high ratings use the flip system. My old waffle maker doesn't flip, but I thought "Why not?"

I tried flipping it over for 40s after filling it, and then back the right way, and it does make a better waffle.

2016 Aug 22
Yeah, it's just a differently designed Belgian-style waffle: more flexible.

2016 Aug 22
The Hong Kong recipes I've seen have tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch, and custard powder in them.

I don't see why you couldn't make the same recipe in a Belgian waffle maker though.