cleaning vinegar [General]

2016 Jul 9
I used to get this at the Metro, but they don't carry it anymore. So, no more reason for me to go to the Metro.

This is 10% acid solution vinegar. Very potent stuff. Regular white vinegar is 5% and pickling vinegar is 7%.

It looks like the only other place I can get it is at Home Hardware, unless anyone else has any leads.

2016 Jul 9
Call around health food stores. It's a go-to for many of these stores for their in-house cleaning, so it makes sense for them to sell it.

2016 Jul 9
Pardon me for asking, but what do you use it for? By that I mean, general household cleaning or does it have a specific other use?

2016 Jul 10
I use it all over the house. Windows, counters. Right now, I'm using it to clean the gunk off my drill press quill. Add salt to vinegar to increase the acidity. It eats right through rust and caked on junk. The picture shows a strange effect. It seems to have pushed the excess grease right out the top.

2016 Jul 10
Interesting, thank you.

2016 Jul 10
Also great weed killer with epsom salt.

2016 Jul 11
My not so secret secret ingredient in my homemade hotsauces....works great just use less than you normally would

2016 Jul 12
Try a feed or dairy supply store. We get 20% vinegar for cleaning, and I can dilute it as needed. Super handy stuff.

2016 Jul 12
My mom uses a solution of vinegar, baking soda and water for cleaning... It worked when I used it to clean when my brother was replacing their ventilation hood..

2016 Sep 1
BTW, Home Hardware still carries it. They carry a lot of stuff that it is becoming difficult to find, like washing soda.

2016 Sep 1
Home Hardware is awesome for a lot of hard to find stuff. Unfortunately the one in Beechwood Village burned down. But it will be replaced by another condo. Not helpful😀

2016 Sep 2
I saw it yesterday at The Metro in Kanata--maybe you could ask your Metro if they will stock it again.

2016 Sep 2
I did. They won't.

2016 Sep 2
The Metro in Quebec has it :-)