full English breakfast [General]

2016 Mar 26
I really crave a perfect English breakfast once in a while. Then, the craving goes unsatisfied and I settle back into my regular, humdrum life.

I've looked through the Bacon and Eggs Breakfast listing, and didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm not like the guys below, but want a really nice fry up.

www.vice.com

2016 Mar 26
I have tried for years to recreate the FEB from my youth. Funny enough I find higher end places in the UK doing better breakfasts which seems a bit contrary to going to the caf. Scottish and Irish store would have the black pudding and bacon. Sausage is a tough one as not many make a good banger. Heinz beans, mushrooms, etc are pretty standard.

2016 Mar 26
Having had the 'real thing' in the UK many many greasy times, I'm at a loss to recommend anywhere that truly reproduces the experience down to the over fried eggs, greasy meats, fried bread, bad canned mushrooms and oily fried tomatoes and so on. I fear you're going to have to go to England. Cheerio!

2016 Mar 27
I did my best.

I was in Bell's Corners yesterday, so stopped in at The Butchery to pick up a few things to make this possible.

- maple baked beans
- deli bacon
- maple breakfast sausage

Then, I baked some freezer croissants, threw a few eggs and some cherry tomatoes in the pan and set to work.

Boom. Done.

2016 Mar 27
I know there's a lot of east coasters on the OF, so if you're in Haligonia looking for FEB, the Henry House does a good one, as does Ma Bells Cafe in Dartburbia. I'm sure a number of the faux Brit/Irish pubs in Ottawa do one.