Soy sauce [General]

2015 Dec 27
I'm looking to buy this soy sauce or similar locally and figured you guys could help me out :) something made with pure sea salt and not iodized salt is key for me and the less ingredients the better. Thanks!

2016 Jan 4
The only semi local product I've notices is Tom's.

2016 Jan 5
why not iodized?

2016 Jan 5
Have you tried T&T? I didn't see that specific brand but they had various sauces some with "organic" or "all natural" on the label.

2016 Jan 5
Try a health food store--they often carry products unavailable elsewhere.

2016 Jan 6
Have you looked into SanJay? They have many types of naturally brewed soy sauces, but I'm not sure if it's sea salt or iodized salt that they use. I'm sure if you email them they can tell you. Their products are in most grocery stores. san-j.com

2016 Jan 6
Some people make it at home. I've never tried myself, but in the interest of science . . .

forums.egullet.org

BTW from the posted pictures it looks disgusting as it's made . . .

Pure ingredients . . . with mold growing on it . . .

2016 Jan 6
The small bottle at $3.19 has sea salt in its ingredients listing. The bigger ones list "salt" and there are a couple of funny sounding ingredients. It is probably still 100 times better than Pearl River which has an unnaturally black colour!

This is in the bio section of IGA Plante on St-Joseph in Hull.

2016 Jan 7
Whole foods has "Eden organic tamari soy sauce" and "Koyo organic tamari shoyu" that listed "sea salt" on their label I think.

2016 Jan 12
This question is great because most soy sauce is very unhealthy with up to 20% being salt and sugar. Need low salt, high quality salt, and way less sugar.

2016 Jan 12
I saw online there is some kind of "coconut soy sauce", I saw it in a magazine,but forget the brand. It is something made from coconut and supposed to be better for you.

I will see if whole foods has it later today.

Also was reading a vegetarian magazine and they said to use Bragg liquid aminos instead of soy sauce.
I have never tried Bragg products,but hear they are supposed to be really good.

2016 Jan 23
Someone posted this in a vegan group on FB:

2016 Jan 24
I saw Ohsawa soy at Cedars on Bank this afternoon. It caught my eye because it was $22
Sitting next to it was another brand, forget the name, that listed sea salt as an ingredient. it was $6.99 I believe.