Best place to buy HFCS or Agave Nectar ? [General]

2015 Aug 21
I've found fructose makes a great sweetener for infusions . . .

Ok, so I know it's bad for you, but so it ethanol . . . so what the heck.

Where is the best value source for the stuff in Ottawa ?

Agave nectar works great too and has more fructose than HFCS, but it's $20 a kg.

2015 Aug 23
Walmart probably sells it online or else Vitacost is only $10 shipping to canada and no duty.
Or else iherb is also good.

2015 Aug 23
Wikipedia says that agave nectar is the same thing as agave syrup. I have a bottle of organic raw blue agave syrup, brand name Wholesome. I can't remember where I bought this particular one but I am pretty sure I saw it at Kardish at Westgate. Maybe you could give them a call? If they don't have it, try Rainbow Foods. They will special order stuff if you ask them.

2015 Aug 23
Depending upon how much Agave you need, I buy it at Home Sense on Merivale. But it is not always on the shelves

2015 Aug 23
Walmart has a natural and maybe organic brand called Wholesome Goodness- would that be it?

They have sweeteners and tortilla chips and soy,rice milk and tons of stuff under that brand.

Special orders from Natural food pantry, at least the Billings store suck.
I tried to get the non-enriched rice dream and they wanted me to get a case of 12.
Mentioned I take the bus and this is hard for me to carry (wrist injury,current broken thumb...) and charging me regular price and inconvenient....well I am now bothering to make my own rice milk.
Cheaper and also quite tasty.

2015 Aug 23
The Wholesome Sweeteners brand is available at Loblaws in the specialty aisles where they keep the natural/organic type stuff.

2015 Aug 24
Wow, thanks everyone. I never noticed it on the shelves before.

2015 Aug 24
@prettytasty, how do you make rice milk? I've made soy and peanut milk using a blender and straining.