Tzatziki [General]

2015 Aug 18
My go to tzatziki is Arahova but sometimes I can't get it. Any good tzatziki easily available in Ottawa?

2015 Aug 18
Tree Pug Not sure about store bought tzatziki but it's not that hard to make. I start with some yogurt then add some seeded grated cucumber and add a little garlic, lemon juice and fresh dill to taste.

2015 Aug 18
Sasloves (Wellington) tzatziki is a regular for us, esp. with their chicken souvlaki!

2015 Aug 18
We usually buy ours from Saslove's on Wellington. I'm no tzatziki connoisseur but I think they do a pretty good job of it. Goes well with the chicken souvlaki that they also sell.

EDIT: Funny, Nosher66 and I wrote pretty much the exact same thing at the same time. I swear that their post was not up when I clicked on the "post a follow up message" :-)

2015 Aug 19
Yeah, we're in the 'make it ourselves' camp. As @Pasta Lover above, but sometimes with added chili powder.

2015 Aug 19
Chili powder? In Greek tzatziki? Is nothing sacred?

I have long used Evelyn/Athen's tzatziki recipe as it is very flavourful and has great texture. I first saw it on the Epicurious Recipe Swap years ago and her updated version is here: greek.food.com
Evelyn is a Canadian of Greek heritage and has lived in Athens many years, running various food/travel businesses there, and is the Greek food moderator/editor at Food.com.
I don't know if you can buy tzatziki as good as hers.

And Rizak, I do make a dip or two with Greek yogurt and chili powder but use lime and cilantro in place of the lemon and dill, and one of my versions (my fave) has some chipotles in it too (so good I literally am known to lick the bowl clean).

2015 Aug 19
If only you knew me better.
Nothing is sacred.

2015 Aug 20
I used to make my own, but I find skotidakis brand about the best pre-made stuff. Available at costco.

2015 Aug 20
Speaking of Skotidakis, their 9% Greek yogurt makes particularly yummy homemade tzatziki.