Great food event/experiences [Events]

2015 Jul 21
With recent hit and misses of local food events I was curious to hear about everyone recent good local (ish) experiences.
Here are some of my favourites in no particular order were:
* Flux event at Gower (here's a nice review of it constantlycooking.wordpress.com)
* Monday Tapas at Allium
* VQA event at National art Gallery (food by KW catering I think)
* Foodie resto crawl on wellington (Forum - Any interest in Wellington food crawl in July? Maybe 3rd week?) and el camino outing when it opened (ottawafoodies.com) and Izakaya at c'est Bon a Suisha (C'est Japon à Suisha).
* Day trips to Prince Edward County vineyards

2015 Jul 21
Brewery Market / Marché des Brasseurs - A+ fun times and good beers, and they improve on their events time after time. Last time there wasn't enough beer and not enough portopotties, so for Saturday's event there is more beer and more portopotties.

2015 Jul 22
+1 for Brewery Market. No big lineups, friendly people and good food. Never been to the Quebec event in Chelsea but heard it's quite nice location.

2015 Jul 22
I attended the Whalesbone oysterfest with some friends and I really had a blast despite the pouring rain. I was able to buy some early bird tickets for $15 that included your entrance plus 5 oysters. Oysters were really very good quality from PEI. It was my first year and I will definitely be back next year. I also had an amazing Cod sandwich. Brisket sandwich was good. The oysters from the shucking competition were given to everyone afterwards although they were not the best quality but free.

2015 Jul 22
line up a spicy Korean, a Red Russian and Newfie Porcelain in a field ... and ...

not a joke, its the Carp Garlic Festival! That's my fav.

2015 Jul 27
Speaking of garlic festivals....

www.foxrunvineyards.com

...really fun garlicfeste at a US vineyard in the Finger Lakes. Free admission/parking, live music, killer (garlicky) food, great wine, SO MUCH GARLIC.

Lineups move fast, food is garlicky greatness and you can by a bottle or three of the vineyard's own to have with your meal.

2015 Jul 31
Sorry have not been around much recently.

Been pretty busy but if there is enough interest, I could organize another food crawl..

2015 Jul 31
We've been to every Beau's Oktoberfest and they are always a good time. I've found that they've become a bit less adventurous on the food front over recent years, and there's more focus on the schnitzel, sausages, etc. but there's always interesting things to try. Last year we did a beer and food tasting workshop with Chef Bruce Wood of Beau's and it was quite good.

The local ethic festivals are usually good for food as well (Ukranian, Greek, Lebanese etc.).

Agree with the Carp Garlic Fest and would add the Perth Garlic Festival as well.

2015 Aug 1
Food travel- yeah! Another food crawl in August or October November would be awesome!!! You did fantastic on food crawls:))) I love those !!!!!!