Dumplings boiled/steamed vs panfried [Food/Vendor]

2015 Jun 28
First, @pastalover, I just found out that Sammi and Soup is owned by Qing Hua so you don't have to try them. My sister says it tastes the same at both places.

However, I was wrong in my recollection of the steamed vs panfried dumplings. At Qinghua and Sammi, you get fewer dumplings when they are steamed. There are more dumplings when pan fried but my sister tells me the wrapping is different on the panfried dumplings.

I'll have to go try them again. ;)

I did try Szechuan food at Kanbai, also near Sammi, and it was pretty amazing. Everything was drenched in chilis and chili oil (as pictured). Mmmmmm!

2015 Jun 30
Ricelover Thanks for the heads up! I grew up in Montreal and the dining scene has changed so much since I moved away. Although alot of favourites have closed I was delighted to discover so many dumpling places on my last trip last fall. When I was checking out menus online I did in fact notice that Soupe and Sami had fewer dumplings which is partly why I picked out that resto. (I was going to a tailgate party that evening and I don't think I've ever eaten that much food in my life;) In the meantime I am getting a terrible craving for dumplings now... And that photo looks awesome!