Road Trip Home [General]

2015 Apr 2
Eating our way back home. Our first stop was El Paso for some quick BBQ at Rudy's Country Store and of course some BBQ sauce to bring back.

2015 Apr 2
Second stop was San Antonio. Dropped by Dough for some house made burrata and pizza. They make their own mozzarella as well.

2015 Apr 2
Margherita pizza was fantastic.

2015 Apr 2
A small detour to Taylor Texas for some really great BBQ at Louie Mueller Barbecue. The brisket gave me goosebumps.

2015 Apr 2
Everything from the one pound beef rib to the jalapeño sausage was an emotional experience.

2015 Apr 6
Creole Jambalaya at Ignatius in New Orleans. Chicken, andouille, alligator & smoked sausage.

2015 Apr 6
Beignets at Café Du Monde.

2015 Apr 7
I'm jealous.

2015 Apr 7
Wow, great pics. Texas bbq is so amazing...did you get a chance to try Franklin's BBQ in Austin?

2015 Apr 7
Have to agree Wheresdafood Texas BBQ is king. Didn't get to Austin but will be trying to get to Martins in Nolensville for one last taste of great BBQ. Had lunch at Napoleon House in the French Quarter and had a Boudin sausage and a Muffuletta. Every restaurant here is amazing. The olive salad on the muffuletta gave perfect balance to the sandwich. It was served hot a twist on the original sandwich. This was a quarter.

2015 Apr 7
Yesterday my wife had a Po'Boy in the garden district. It had smoked pork butt roasted with garlic served on new orleans french bread with jalapeño coleslaw. I got a bite and the slaw pulled everything together another incredible sandwich. One of our tour guides said their state pastime is eating.

2015 Apr 8
Just so you know Ken, i'm planning a Texas trip and going to feel honour bound to confirm all of this. A lot. Like, in my face a lot. ...damn that looks good...

2015 Apr 9
Hope you have a great visit OSoloMeal. Each spot has a specialty like if you are in Austin Franklins I hear does the best brisket Hard to believe after trying Louie Mueller but I will find out next year on our way back. Stopped in to Martin's new location in Mt Juliet Tennessee. Not as good as the original in Nolensville but still some fine BBQ. Dry rub ribs were very good.

2015 Apr 9
oh sweet baby jesus

2015 Apr 10
@Ken V...yes, Austin is a must stop for some good bbq and everything else. My top 5 favorite cities in the world. The city is like no other and the abundance of great restaurants, bars and food trucks is mind blowing....Rainey street is a must.

Franklin is definitely the best Beef Brisket you will ever have imo...when I visited last year, I waited almost 4 hours in line and was a bit worried that it was more of a tourist trap than anything else but talking with locals in line and telling me that they regularly did the line 1-2 a week for the beef brisket was convincing on its own and let me tell you it was worth the wait. I did visit 5 other bbq places during my stay and Franklin's brisket really stands out. La BBQ is also very good and is the next option if you don't get in Franklin...it has insanely good Beef Ribs.

@OsoloMeal, let me know if you need some advice for Texas and NOLA, ill be glad to give you some advice.