Take home Valentines Day dinners [General]

2015 Feb 5
Is anyone taking home their Valentine's dinner this year? I've done it with Art-as-in in the past and really enjoyed it. Especially for the price. I noticed a few other options:

www.thymeandagain.ca
chezedgar.ca/?p=1371
www.redapron.ca

2015 Feb 5
Red Apron gets my vote! Pick up an extra few of their salted caramel brownies for desert

As an alternative - I'm a fan of putting together my own charcuterie plate and grabbing a few oysters to set the mood.

2015 Feb 6
You could also try the Take Away Gourmet Food Shoppe. Everything I've tried from them has been really good. The Valentine's menu is also notably less expensive than the other options you've listed.

www.facebook.com

2015 Feb 6
I'll stick to my usual menu of oysters, strawberries and chocolate

2015 Feb 6
Piggy market does custom charcuterie platters. Tell them what you like and how much you want to spend and they take it from there

2015 Feb 8
Am all about the fondue.

2015 Feb 10
Epicuria's menu looks interesting (St. Laurent and Hemlock): www.epicuria.ca

We have ordered all our "sides" for Thanksgiving dinner from here two years in a row and have been very happy.

2015 Feb 10
Just put my order in with Red Apron today!

After looking at different options it seems that this is one of the best menus out there. The price is great, and anything I've had from Red Apron in the past was always fantastic. I think it would almost be silly to pass up on this offer.

Hopefully I can remember to take some pictures before I gobble it down on saturday!

2015 Feb 15
So how did everyone enjoy their meals? I did get to sample one of the take home meals from tulips and maple and it was amazing and well worth the money ($125 with tax for 2 ppl). The salmon was cooked beautifully, and re heated surprisingly well.

2015 Feb 15
We got the Red Apron Valentine's meal and it was really good, I'm still thinking about their mushroom and sweet pea risotto. And it was also the most affordable option I found at $62 for two people.

2015 Feb 16
Red Apron Valentines menu

Appetizer

2015 Feb 16
Soup

2015 Feb 16
Main
Cider glazed Cornish game hen/mushroom risotto/sautéed veg

2015 Feb 28
Charcuterie board from Piggy Market. Also booze.