new nut and veg burger [Food/Vendor]

2014 Apr 28
I was doing a show on the weekend and ran into someone selling a new local product that I knew a few of you would be interested in: a nut and veg patty, gluten free and meat free.

Nuts & Noix
nutsandnoix.com/

I didn't get a chance to try them, but they smelled delicious.
I promised to post his info here for further exposure.
He has a list on his site of stores that carry his products.

- Nutburg
- Holy Mole

2014 Apr 28
I actually tried these about two months ago! Really tasty burger, enjoyed the texture.
Normally veg patties are all mush or that weird fake-meat-soy business. These were quite nice.

2014 Apr 28
Wow, these look and sound amazing. The website is phenomenal, as well. So well done, extensive and visually appealing. I, as a vegan, will most DEFINITELY be checking these burgers out.

Thank you so much for the head's up!

2014 Apr 28
lovealwayserica: Might want to check out the ingredients first... looks like there is cheese in the nutburg

2014 Apr 28
Not available at Herb & Spice Bank St. They had never heard of them, according to the person stocking the veggie burger cooler. So I guess the web site list of vendors needs updating.

2014 Apr 28
Emailed them. They ARE at Herb & Spice Bank, but in the freezer section. Currently only the Holy Mole, the nutburgers are sold out. More on the way.

2014 Apr 28
I notice they list Irene's as one of their vendors, someone please calm me down and tell me Irene's hasn't changed their veggie burger and it's just another option.

2014 Apr 30
Was at the Natural Food Pantry on Richmond Road across from the Superstore in Westboro and found these in the freezer section. Didn't buy them as they are $11.99 for a pack of 6. Maybe if they were sold in smaller quantities (and lower price I'd try them). Like $7.50 for a box of 4? I would likely only pay this much if they were fresh. Too bad as they sound really good but too rich for me. Inspires me to find some time on the weekend to make my own. I try not to buy individual packaged items at the store that are over $10, hell even under $8 ...! I know this is local and small scale but just saying with small children and my budget this is above and beyond my means ...

2014 Apr 30
I found them at Ayoub's at Somerset and Blackburn in Sandy Hill. Agree they are expensive. We did buy them because my husband can have one when the rest of us are having meat or chicken so there is a convenience factor.

Will report back when we have tried one!

That said, the home made ones from Daphne & Victors years ago are delish. That is only one of many great looking suggestions here:

ottawafoodies.com

2014 May 1
Hello all
Thanks for your comments on The Nutburg, a couple of updates. We are going to a 4 pack box which will bring the price down to about $7.95, we are just gone through some product testing and will be removing the cheese with our redesign. Irene's does not sell our product, so you can still get the same Irene Burger

2014 May 1
Actually, mea culpa on that, I thought I had seen Irene's listed but in retrospect it was probably a brain fart on my part (maybe some weird association with Patty's). Definitely going to give the Nutburg a try.

2014 May 1
My hubby tried the nutburger last night while our son and I has steak!!
He really enjoyed it. It was easy to prepare - you sauté from frozen - and the flavour was very good.

They should try and get the easy cooking instructions onto the outside of the box. Hard to commit to the price without knowing how involved prep will be!

Smallish size but dense with the nuts. We would likely keep these on hand for quick individual meals. We did not serve it as a burger but just on the plate where the steak is supposed to go! I can see it being really useful during the BBQ season.

2014 May 1
The new packaging will have the cooking instructions on the outside of the box