Meatapalooza [Food/Vendor]

2014 Apr 26
I spent the afternoon at Essence Catering where Slipacoff's Premium Meats was doing a photoshoot for pictures for their website. It was meat insanity! I think we ate every single thing that Mr Slipacoff sells. OMFG! Chef Jason was in his glory of course, with all this meat. Wow he's good - I have to say.

It was interesting as well to see. They had a professional photographer out, and Ian Slipacoff, Chef Jason, and the photographer would chat about eat meat to decide what to do with it, then they'd take some raw photos. Chef Jason would then cook it, and after the cooked photos were taken the meat got cut up and was just put on huge trays for everyone to enjoy.

Meat insanity! It was all REALLY good too - kudos to Mr Slipacoff for such a good product.

2014 Apr 26
You guys will have to guess at what all these things are because I don't remember ... they sure as heck were yummy though.

2014 Apr 26
This one was pork - that much I know :-)

2014 Apr 26
Chef Jason at work, with his oldest son looking on

2014 Apr 26
They steaks that Chef Jason was working on above ...

2014 Apr 26
Chef Jason plating some yummies!

2014 Apr 26
Looks a little lonesome doesn't it?

2014 Apr 26
Not lonesome anymore!

2014 Apr 26
Are you getting hungry yet?

2014 Apr 26
Ian Slipacoff showing off some ... you guessed ... meat!

2014 Apr 26
My smartphone-photography does not do this justice ... check out the Slipacoff website in a few weeks when they have all the professional photos up. At least I was using a Samsung and not an iPhone ...

2014 Apr 26
Steak anyone?

2014 Apr 26
Sorry, that's it :-(

My youngest finally woke up and got really fussy and wanted to go home. Otherwise I would have stayed 6 or 7 hours instead of just 4 :-)

2014 Apr 26
Older brother teasing sleeping younger brother with ... you guessed it ... meat!

He was betting me it would work like smelling salts :-)

2014 Apr 26
Just saw Ian post this on Instagram ... poultry prep from today

instagram.com/p/nRmyoWitv_/

2014 Apr 27
I have purchased meat from them a few times and will be doing so again. Quality meat at a good price. I especially love their dry aged steaks. Ian is also justly proud of what he sells. Thanks for all the pics.