Thai Curry Paste [General]

2013 Feb 28
Wondering if this is available anywhere in Ottawa.

Thanks in advance.

2013 Feb 28
it is available at pretty much any asian grocer. You can also get the larger plastic tubs at a number of places.

2013 Feb 28
Not too sure about the masaman but ... I think the Mae Ploy curry pastes (in tubs) wins hands down over the tinned Maesri brand curry pastes.

Much richer and complex and fresher flavours.

I like to give Mae Ploy a boost by adding some fresh finely grated galangal root and fresh kiffir lime leaves (both flown in from Thailand weekly). These I get in the Manphong Bangkok Store in Chinatown.

2013 Feb 28
They have a good selection of red, green, etc. at Grace Foods on Bank St.

Very convenient if you live in Centretown like me, and Chinatown's a bit of a trek.

2013 Feb 28
I have that exact can in my cupboard--bought it at Kowloon Market.

2013 Mar 1
I know this product is sold @ Fresh Green Supermarket in Vanier.

2013 Mar 1
I know about the tubs but I don't go through them fast enough and would prefer to switch between pastes and/or open a new one more frequently. I have found them at the Fresh Green Supermarket, Kowloon Market, T&T and agree that they are available at pretty much any Asian grocer. I tend to stick to the red and green so the last time I saw was at a store I took a pic of a bunch so that I could reference them while home and try to branch out a bit. Thought I'd share.