Insulated Take-Out Bag [General]

2013 Jan 23
Hey, just wondering if anyone has a line on take-out bags. It would really come in handy this time of year and I've been thinking about it for a while. I did a little research online and it seems they can be had from a wholesaler but they want to sell 6 at a time. I like food, but I don't need 6.
Any ideas?

2013 Jan 23
Do you mean heated? Or just insulated?

2013 Jan 23
Just insulated I think. I was just picturing something like a pizza bag being insulated but maybe they are heated.

2013 Jan 23
I tried insulating my pizza on the way home.

I find it makes the pizza (especially the crust) soggy.

I now open the pizza box in the back seat of the car and 'refresh' the pizza in my pre-heated toaster oven, when I get home. What a nice smell in the car.

I do eat a small piece while waiting for the toaster oven to do it's trick.... it would be torturous otherwise.

Result: A pizza experience that's almost like getting fresh pizza at your table in a pizzeria. Stays hotter longer and slightly crisps the crust. Yumm.

2013 Jan 23
Hendrix in the west end had some in stock when I was there last week.

Rubermaid and another generic brand. Never checked the prices as I wasn't looking for one.

Give them a call to confirm avail and prices, there website is terrible.

Hendrix Ottawa
1050 Baxter Road, Unit # 11
Ottawa, ON K2C 3P1
Tel: 613-228-7252
TF: 1-877-728-7252

2013 Jan 26
Thanks for the suggestion. They did have a insulated bag exactly like I was looking. Although I wasn't prepared to pay the $75 they were asking. I did solve the problem a little having to go across town to pick up some food. I just ended up using our soft sided cooler and it did the trick just great.