Is there a way to see reviews without the food 'connects'? [General]

2012 Aug 7
Just wondering if there is a way to read the restaurant reviews without the different food category groupings (called 'connects' I believe).
I find it very disjointed and hard to follow (see: Art-is-In).
When I click on a restaurant I want to see the most recent review at the top, not have to scroll down and check all the dates of the reviews in case a new review has been connected to a food category.

2012 Aug 7
Hmm... interesting. There's no way to do what you ask right now, but I can see the utility of it. You will find that the general reviews are all at the top and only the food-specific reviews are harder to find. My original thinking was that a person is either visiting a restaurant in general or looking for a specific food at many restaurants (via the specific page for that food) -- both scenarios are covered nicely in the current implementation.

Art-Is-In is possibly the worst example of the problem because they have individual food offerings that are very highly rated and generate a lot of comments. Most vendors excel at one specific food (e.g. pizza) or are just generally very good (not on a per-food basis) so it's all pretty easy to make sense of. Art-Is-In, on the other hand, is celebrated for its Bread, Hamburger, Pizza, Sandwiches, Croissants, and now Tacos. Crazy!!

What most avid users of the site do is use the "buzz" section to read all the latest reviews. This requires visiting at least once a week or so (to limit the backlog), and skimming all the latest comments for interesting tidbits.

2012 Aug 7
For some reason I have never checked out the buzz section, but it does indeed make it easier to keep track of new comments. Thanks for the suggestion!

2012 Aug 7
On a similar topic, is it possible for us mere mortals to add a vendor, or does that require you to do it, FF? I notice that there's no page for Pavarazzi, and having just discovered them I think they're well overdue a glowing review and page all to themselves.

2012 Aug 7
Johnny there is a page Pavarazzi

2012 Aug 7
Johnny English, anyone can add a vendor or food. Simply search for it and then click the button to "Add" it if/when nothing useful turns up in the search results. It will be marked as "Unapproved" until I get around to confirming and sanitizing it.

Also, I have corrected the Pavarazzi listing (it used to read "Pavarazzi's") and I added a bunch of internal keywords to make it easier to find via search.

2012 Aug 7
The built-in search function is very picky when it comes to things like apostrophes. The 'Athen's Grill' (sic) is another example of one that it misses.

The Google Search box that shows up when you get your search results usually does a much better job (which is why it's there, I suppose!) and I always try that first before I'd create a new vendor.

2012 Aug 8
Inkling, thanks for mentioning Athens Grill! I removed the apostrophe. The search engine will find "Athens" if you search with or without the apostrophe. It will not find "Athen's" if you search without the apostrophe -- for cases like that, I have a system of hidden keywords for common typos that allows for better search results. It's not perfect but it improves over time.