RHUBARB [General]

2012 Jul 28
This worked for me so well with my mutton question, I figured I would turn to the folk that might know...

I saw a beautiful bunch of about 20 stalks of rhubarb at Loblaw's on Earl Grey last week...went to get some today. Cleaned out, they won't be getting anymore. From the produce aisle I called the Superstore on Eagleson...no chance in hell and he wouldn't order it for me either. (Bummer sauce)

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some ASAP? I want to make some jam next week and I can't do it without the rhubarb. I already called Dekok because someone told me they freeze it sometimes, but she didn't have any READY...although it is growing...as the rain isn't cooperating. Her normal round #2 of rhubarb is in critical condition and she may never have it. I couldn't find it frozen at Loblaw's either. I was at the Carp Farmer's Market this morning and no one had it... The lady from Hall's Apple Market said HER round #2 of rhubarb isn't going to happen AT ALL because of the lack of rain.

When we were stationed in Oklahoma City, OK they sold the stuff in the frozen foods section lol...but NO one in Oklahoma eats it. Now I live here and everyone eats it, but I can't find it anywhere. I told my husband its because the PEOPLE ARE EATING IT!! Lol....

Any ideas of where to look next?

2012 Jul 28
You could try Farm Boy. If they don't have it, they'll at least tell you if it's even possible to get it. But you might be out of luck. I usually have a crop throughout the summer and my plants are not producing even with getting watered.

2012 Jul 28
I bought rhubarb at Metro on March Road last week. I bought rhubarb at the Farm Boy on Hazeldean Rd too. Good Luck!

2012 Jul 29
Foonatic,

If you are not succcessful with Farm boy, etc., let me know. My mom has some Rhubarb she has put in the freezer and maybe some fresh stalks. I might be able to work a deal to trade you the rhubarb you need for some jam for her.

2012 Jul 31
There used to be frozen rhubarb along with all the other frozen fruits in Loblaws, the white packets. But the last time I saw some, it was when I did my rhubarb pies at the first Foddies potluck years ago now. So it looks like fresh is your only option, and the weather is not cooperating...

2015 Mar 30
There is frozen mix of strawberry and rhubarb in the kosher section of the College Square loblaws

2015 Apr 2
Have you checked the Herb & Spice on Wellington? I've bought it there in the past.