Food & Creativity in Ottawa - Chef Matthew Carmichael [General]

2012 Jul 22
Hey foodies! This is my first post in this community, and I hope it's a good one. Just wanted to reach out to those that might be interested, Chef Matthew Carmichael, formerly of restaurant 18, Social, and Side Door, more recently behind the pop-up restaurant at Mellos will be delivering a talk on food & creativity in Ottawa this Friday at the Ottawa School of Art.

It's part of an initiative called CreativeMornings (www.creativemornings.com), it's free, and breakfast is served! If you're interested in hearing him speak, and mix and mingle with others in Ottawa's creativity and culinary scenes be sure to check it out.

I'll post the eventbrite link as soon as it's up.

Cheers!

Michael

2012 Jul 23
Ok guys, here's the promised link for the event. Again it's on Culinary Creativity in Ottawa, so if you're interested in hearing Chef Matthew Carmichael speak, check it out and hope to see you there!

-Michael

creativemorningsottawa.eventbrite.ca

2012 Jul 27
Attended this event.

Continental breakie was nice. Fresh local blueberrys etc.

Room was packed to the hilt.

Presentation was good. Man has passion , insight, experience.
quote; " It's not all just about the food ... It's the look of the place ... the quality of the staff ..." etc.

Mello's Pop Up Restaurant was finished last Tuesday.

No mention of his next project .... Taco / Raw Food place slated to fire-up on Elgin St.

More from Ron Eade soon. He says he was there doing "...his last few days..." with the Citizen.

2012 Jul 27
I was there too. Thanks Grigorio for letting us know about this event. Well organized, and will be glad to check out future activities.

2012 Jul 27
I was there too.. Was at the back of the room by the door. Taste tested some of the breakfast items: fruits, coffee and one of those bars. Will check out additional events if I am in town. Thanks Michael for posting about the event.

Talked to Chef Matthew after and he is looking to open the new place in 3 or 4 months. I hope he have at least a steak on the menu.. Pretty bummed I missed the Steak frite.. Meant to return for the Cod taco and the Steak frite but work and family stuff came up after vacation.