Fresh uncooked pasta - how long until its not good? [General]

2012 Mar 10
Stupid question on my part: Once I have opened a fresh pasta package (e.g. Olivieri Herb Tortellini with 3 cheeses), how long are the uncooked contents of the package good for (i.e. if I use half the package, how long can I wait until I need to cook the other half)?

I have thought about this for a while but I am not sure. On the one hand, I am tempted to think its good until the expiry date since there is nothing on the package that denotes it should be used in X number of days. On the other hand, I know there are meat product pastas and I cannot imagine that they are good for 6 weeks simply by refrigeration. Any help would be appreciated (google searches got me know where).

Cheers

2012 Mar 10
Once opened, the expiry date no longer applies. I try to use mine up within 5 days (maximum, sooner if it's meat) of opening -- any longer than that and I've found spoilage. Ideally, it gets used within 3 days, or I freeze the remainder of the package (if it's one of those gigantic bulk ones).

2012 Mar 11
Thanks very much for the tips!

2012 Mar 12
+1 for freezing. When I buy fresh pasta it's usually the Olivieri brand and it does in fact freeze well.