Maison Chaloin: Master Chocolatiers Order while you can! [General]

2012 Feb 12
Hello. My name is Elsie. And I'm a chocoholic. When I was in Paris two years ago, I dreaded the return voyage which would place an ocean between myself and my beloved French pātisseries. Imagine my joy when I was told that a mere stone's throw away from Parliament stood La Maison Chaloin in Hull. Once I discovered this gem, I would visit often for their delectable truffles, macarons, and petits fours. Run by the fourth generation of a family of chocolatiers, La Maison Chaloin never disappointed. Gatherings and special milestones were marked by their delicately beautiful ganache-enrobed confections. So imagine my shock when I discovered they were closing. I was able to contact the proprietor, M. Christan Chaloin. Thankfully, although his Hull location is now closed, he continues to take orders until such time he decides whether to reopen. Should you be similarly susceptible to the exhilarating intoxication of the cacao bean, I encourage you to contact him. I promise you shall not regret the decision.

chaloin3(at)hotmail.fr

2012 Feb 13
Better in a forum post than a review. :)

This said, I can support quite a bit of the enthusiasm above. I really like Chalouin's offerings, and excellent pātisseries. Christian assured me he gets as many of his aromas from his native Provence as he can. Anything with apricots will blast north american stuff ("les abricots d'ici ne goūtent rien!") and the fruit-based ganache fillings are very nummy. I also appreciated his very wide selection, a bit more than most chocolatiers I know of (and I know a fair number).

So I can be happy that there's more visibility in reminding people his chocolates can still be had. (Not his addictive glaces, sadly.) I will do my best to do a few orders to help make sure he can reopen.