Where should we eat [General]

2012 Jan 15
Travelling to Ottawa a couple times late winter and spring. Love to try new things. Love ethnic food. Quality and taste more important that decor. In other words, like "nice" restaurants. But the food has to be the real deal. And if the mom/pop shop is where the locals eat because it's so good - I want to know. Like ethnic food. Like trying new things. Need breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please send me your recommendations. Staying downtown Ottawa for the first trip. Not sure where on the next trip so will repost.

2012 Jan 16
In the vein of downtown/ethnic i cannot recommend Sri Lankan food at Ceylonta on Somerset highly enough. If you like Indian food at all, you must go here and go hungry.

2012 Jan 16
I used to love going to Ceylonta, but the last time I went it was very disappointing. Did I just get unlucky?

2012 Jan 16
There are also several Ethiopian joints to try, too. I give my nod to Blue Nile (corner of Gladstone and Percy), but that may be out of your way depending on where you're staying?

2012 Jan 18
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to trying it. We'll be there in a couple weeks and then again in a few months. When I know what part, I might ask again. But this is a great start!

2012 Jan 18
For Ethiopian food you bust try Horn of Africa on Bank street. The food was amazing. "we got a sampler" it wasn't on the menu but the chef was happy to prepare it for us. After dinner we participated in the coffee ceremony which was very interesting!

For Indian food, you must absolutely try Bombay Masala on March road in Kanata. They have a lunch buffet which is good but the dinner menu is much better. Everyone I bring to this place falls in love with it. Everything is home made, fresh and prepared to your level of spiciness.