Where to find fresh baked Madeleines [Food/Vendor]

2011 Jul 2
Folks, I have fond memories of growing up with these amazing confections. Has anybody got a great place in the Ottawa area to get these freshly baked? Thanks!

2011 Jul 2
There is an authentic French bakery on Montee Paiement just south of hwy 50 on the Quebec side that would have them.

Balade Des Douceurs (La)‎
1540, boul Gréber
Gatineau, QC J8R 0E1
(819) 205-1288

maps.google.ca,+boul+Gr%C3%A9ber,+Gatineau,+QC+J8R+0E1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=45.504196,-75.681381&spn=0.006549,0.016512&gl=ca&view=map&geocode=CRA3izSUuPcNFcNWtgIdmzF9-yELPa3SaMnSJg&z=17

2011 Jul 2
Sweet! Thanks much

I did some googling and I came up with this

www.macaronsetmadeleines.com
46 Lorne Avenue Ottawa, ON, K1R 7G7 Téléphone: 613-422-6215

I pinged them to see if they still do them daily. Will report back if any success in finding some great Madeleines.

2011 Jul 4
Sometimes there is a vendor from Orleans who sells them, bought some a few months ago I think.
Around $5 or $6 for a bag with a dozen. I think it was from Delice Royal.

Also I saw Madeleines at Alex's bakery on Bank st in the Glebe.
They are good and were 4 for $1...but they are very small- like the size of a quarter.
they did not seem like the traditional ones as they had some orange peel or something in them and had powdered sugar on them.
semed more like a small cookie.
They were good though, so I would get them again.
I think they would be better if they were bigger, but i guess I can always just buy a dozen and eat them :)

Alex's bakery is kind of different in their style of pastries- but they sometimes have some French style pastries.
Last week they had some pastries with Griotte cheries in them- those are quite French!

2011 Jul 4
Yum, The Macarons et Madeleines place sells theirs for $1 each. I was going to order two dozen for the office one morning this week. The 5-6$ a bag is quite a bit cheaper! The ones from Alex's bakery sound yummy. I'll have to make a stop there soon.

2011 Jul 4
July 4 2011:

I s aw madeleines for sale only a couple of days ago at La Provence at Hazeldean Road and Terry Fox in Kanata. Everything they bake is good and I buy a lot of my bread there. I didn't try the madeleines so I can't vouch for those, but their track record speaks for itself. Just a suggestion.

They have a website: laprovencebakery.ca

I hasten to add that I have no connection with this business - I am merely a satisfied customer.