Taste of Winterlude 2011 [Events]

2010 Dec 10
OK its out and widely publicized already, here is the culinary line up for winterlude:
www.canadascapital.gc.ca

Martin Picard's coming to town, and I bought myself an early Christmas gift - good thing Mrs Sourdough hadn't figured out what I wanted! Can't wait.

Other highlights include Motorhead dinner at Atelier - wish I had more cash! Also Stratus Wine makers dinner, a “sommelier-off" competition at play ... anyone else want to by me some christmas gifts?

Best value - $68 5 course dinner with wine pairings at Benitz bistro.

2010 Dec 11
Looks like the Benitz Bistro price may have been a typo as it is now listed at $95

2010 Dec 11
There is sort of a Benitz bistro dinner for $68, but it is at his b sides restaurant!
Still looks good.
www.canadascapital.gc.ca

Too bad no one wants to go with me on most of those dates, family is away and most friends are too cheap (hate to say it,but really).

I would be tempted by some of these,but I have too many bills and just had to pay to have my furnace fixed yesterday ($200),
I might need another job just to eat I think......

I also know for the winery- you can got here during the year and get a free wine tasting,but it does not include any food.
I'm probably going to go visit the winery in the spring or summer when family visits ottawa.
For Clos Baillie Winery I was actually given a postcard when I was at the museum of Civilaization that promoted the free wine tasting.

If there was one event on this list I would not pick it would be East India Company.
Why?
because the food you get is their buffet, you do get wine pairings though.
All the other events look really good.

2010 Dec 31
Anyone know if other restaurants will be added to the list?

2010 Dec 31
I know that Stone Soup Foodworks will be at Winterlude.

I'm excited about that because they will be serving our Berkshire sausage there. Whoo hoo!

And because the woman who runs SSFW is a my kind of chef! The more I learn about what she is doing, the more pleased I am to be working with her.

www.stonesoupfoodworks.ca

2011 Feb 4
I think Stone Soup Foodworks made it to the canal at Landsdowne.

Anyone try it ? How's the soup etc. ?

Checkout Stone Soup Foodworks In-yer-face-book page:

www.facebook.com

2011 Feb 5
Haven't made it down to the canal yet, (plan to this week if I can get away from the farm) but the Stone Soup Foodworks truck is located on Pig Island (across from Landsdown). They set up on Thursday. Their truck rocks, I wish I had a kitchen like that...

I'm really excited to try out the soups, they sound delish! And I'm not just saying that because she's serving our sausage, but because it looks like this girl knows soup! No powdered bullion here!

I've had a few customers at the farmers market tell me about their 'soupscriptions' and the reviews I'm hearing have been great.

2011 Feb 6
Rave reviews for the soup! My friend, who is visiting from Toronto, had some yesterday afternoon, and when we skated by last night after dinner, the same woman was still serving soup, and there was still a line. I'm going to try some today--what a great canal food.