Town Restaurant [General]

2010 May 22
New signage on the spot where Elgin Street Freehouse was located.

Says "Town - Coming soon" with an icon of a fork and knife.

Anyone has the scoop on who will open there?

2010 Jun 2
Ron Eade provided (once again) some info on his blog...

communities.canada.com

Very excited that we are getting a gastropub on Elgin! I've never had Chef Doiron's food but I enjoyed Chef Wall's at Whalesbone.

Looking forward to it!

2010 Jun 2
This will do gangbusters (I predict). I can't tell you how sick I am of eating at the Fox and Feather or Lieutenant's Pump every bloody Friday. Johnny Farina's is good enough, but it's always packed. Nice to have another option. Indeed it's a bit odd that nobody has opened up a quality lunch place closer to Centre Town.

2010 Jun 2
I've been sitting on this info for a while as i was asked not to mention anything. It's goign to be a great venue, the chef's are highly recommended and the whole ops staff has put a ton of work into the concept and menu. I miss living on the Elgin Side of Bank....

2010 Jun 2
Brian Mc, the manx is also on elgin and a great spot for lunch.

2010 Jun 2
Very true hip... if you can get a table! We don't even bother anymore.

2010 Jun 20
One of the women in my yoga class was handing out promo coupons for Town yesterday. (Free dessert is on offer for people with these coupons/cards.)

Anyway, it says that they're opening on June 25 at 5pm and gives an URL for their website: www.townlovesyou.ca . They also have a blog: townlovesyou.wordpress.com/