New restaurant opening beside T&T [Food/Vendor]

2010 Feb 16
Coming from T&T this afternoon, I noticed a sign saying a new restaurant is opening near T&T. I believe it's going to be called "Bambu". I wasn't sure because I was driving. And apparently its owners are "Yangtze". Seems like a good place, since there's no other Asian restaurant nearby. Well...except the dimsum INSIDE T&T.

And looks like they're also opening a Second Cup around that area too. I feel this is a bad location for a coffee place. Just because of the traffic and difficulty leaving the parking area.

2010 Feb 17
I love asian food myself but I prefer the type of restaurant that is almost family run you can say. I find the food at the bigger restaurants like Yangtze to be lacking in authentic flavor kinda like comparing these two burger joints - "the WORKS" to lets say "Macdonalds".....There is an Asian restaurant near that area, Pho Kam Long, a vietnamese restaurant, it's just up riverside a block or so down from T&T. I've been there a few times and the soup is amazing. The broth is extremely flavorful, also the appetizers especially the freshly made ones are really good. The one that was recommended to me was the shrimp wraps with peanut sauce. Really tasty.

2010 Feb 17
I would say thr Yangtze is closer to family owned than The Works. Just sayin'.