Wedding at Lago - Vista Room [General]

2009 Dec 24
Hello!
I'm thinking about having a wedding reception here in Sept 2010. I looks beautiful, but I'm concerned about the food. I've heard very mixed reviews about Lago, and was wondering if anyone has been to a wedding or other party in their Vista Room. What was your experience like? Would you recommend this venue? Food is so important to us!
Thanks!

2010 Jan 3
I went to a cocktail-style reception there in October. The appies were were good and the service of the appetizers was consistent as well. The only thing that was a bit of a pain was the bar - it was tough to get to the bar given the number of people and the size of the room. The dance floor was quite small as well. But the room would be perfect for smaller reception (this one was about 100 or so).

For other reviews of the food, just do a quick search for Lago and you'll be able to see lots of pictures and reviews.

2010 Jan 5
The food is actually quite good here, however my experience with some of the bartenders leaves something to be desired. I refuse to give my money to Lago at night (during club time), as they lack what I thought were basic bartending skills and etiquette. I will however continue to go there for lunch or dinner.

However, I doubt that you would have that problem as much at a private function since the service is specific, as I attended a Halloween event there and the service was quite good, but one of the people behind the bar was the manager.

The room also lacks decor, so you probably would need to spruce it up a bit unless Lago has some free decor they could throw in. Some venues do that if they have it on hand.

2010 Jan 6
i've been to 3-4 events here, in the Vista Room and in the bar/restaurant/lounge itself. both rooms are really nice. re: the food - they have a couple appies like mini burgers and cherry tomato tarts that were cute and memorable. they also had spring rolls which i'm certain were just packaged frozen variety. i've never eaten a full meal here before but would consider using them for an event.