Florida [Travel]

2009 Oct 18
Hello!

I'll be going to Florida next month, and I'm looking for some good, healthy places to eat, on a budget that's mid-range (read: we don't want to cheap out completely, but don't want to be dropping $40 on a plate either). We're open to any type of cuisine, as long as it's quality and not too greasy.

Areas we'll be visiting are:

Orlando
Cocoa/Melbourne Beach
Merritt Island
Titusville

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

2009 Oct 18
My brother says pretty much any Olive Garden down there is quite good at a very reasonable price. He has pretty decent taste in food. I haven't been to Florida yet. I always go west to California.

2009 Oct 18
I would actually say no to Olive Garden. They're food use to be amazing and recentlly it has over the past couple years really decreased in quality.

I would equate it to East Side Marios but greasy, and low quality.

Not to bash Barb's recommendation, that is just my oppinion. I have heard some people still enjoy it just not my cup of tea any more.

2009 Oct 19
I had a fabulous meal in Florida at Pollos Mario on South Blossom Trail (not too far from the airport). It is a Colombian restaurant, cheap with huge portions, and utterly delicious. I have a review on my blog (www.carlingavefoodie.blogspot.co)under "Orlando".

Chowhound also has a review of it: www.orlandosentinel.com,0,2732144.story

Have a super trip!

2009 Oct 19
I had excellent meals at Emeril's (mindblowing wine list, at Universal Studios), and BlueZoo (Todd English restaurant at the Dolphin Resort in Disney, amazing flatbread style pizza and seafood). Outside of Orlando, I can only give advice for the Ft.Myers and Naples areas for dining out.