Algonquin's Hot Food Competition 2009 [Events]

2009 Feb 8
This is my first time posting pics on this forum, so I apologize for any errors. I will start with the winning competitor's dishes. Sandro Pangilian's presentations were outstanding in my opinion. Omnivore Ottawa, which table were you sitting at? I was sitting at Quinn Davis' table.

2009 Feb 8
(Clockwise) The winner Sandro and chefs Mario Ramsey, Alan Fleming and David Fairbanks.

2009 Feb 8
Megan Terry's dishes. I'm sorry I can't explain most of these dishes. I either forgot what they were or I did not check the menu.

2009 Feb 8
Megan's entree.

2009 Feb 8
Quinn Davis' dishes. The soup looks like it's smoking because Quinn used liquid nitrogen on cream and placed it in the soup. I ate his food. His entree is a baked chicken with mashed and pearl onions, his dessert was a cream soda float with shortbread cookies.

2009 Feb 8
The dessert close up.

2009 Feb 8
Jesse Bell's dishes. Sorry about the poor picture.

2009 Feb 8
Jesse's dessert close up.

2009 Feb 8
Whitney Tibbs dishes. Bronze winner.

2009 Feb 8
Just various pics from some of the cooks dishes.

2009 Feb 8
Entry #3

2009 Feb 8
Entry #3 dessert.

2009 Feb 8
This was Sandro's dessert plate. The Orange chocolate cone was perfect looking! It had a nice shine to it too.

2009 Feb 8
A tasty looking main.

2009 Feb 8
Nice suspended strawberry...

2009 Feb 8
Mmmm...

2009 Feb 8
I really wish I can explain what this was...

2009 Feb 8
Nice looking dessert.

2009 Feb 8
Oops..this was Whitney's menu. Sorry folks.

2009 Feb 8
Line's (pronounced Lynn) dessert dish.

2009 Feb 8
Three different types of mousse..I believe.

2009 Feb 8
I saw this at another table and wanted to try it.

2009 Feb 8
Sandro's award winning menu...

2009 Feb 8
A pic of most of the competitors. Hope you enjoyed the pics, I didn't have the best camera. And I hope I didn't bore you with too many pics with no description.

2009 Feb 9
Very cool pictures Monkey feet! Looks like it would have been a fun thing to attend.

2009 Feb 11
Monkey Feet - You did a great job with the photos, thanks for sharing. Looks like there is some talented up and coming Chefs at Algonquin.

2009 Feb 11
food looks decent, but where's the rest of it?

i think i could eat all those dishes and still be hungry.

2009 Feb 11
Some of the students' plates did not come out on time. So as you can imagine, they lost a LOT of points. I actually forgot to take a picture of my entree...because I was hungry. I am slowly learning to stop and appreciate it BEFORE stuffing my face.

I'm glad to share whatever pics I have. I'm glad you enjoyed it, even with my fairly old digital camera.

I will be attending a few more "menu projects" from some of the students from now until April. I will try to temp you to eat at Algonquin with my pics.

Thanks eveyone!