My Chef At Home for the holidays. [Food/Vendor]

2008 Nov 12
Hello all,

Just a note to let you know what I am up to over the holidays.

I have designed menus to meet all your holiday needs, from a hot staff holiday lunch to an intimate Christmas or Hanukkah dinner for four. Menus follow below.

2008 Nov 12

Traditional Hanukkah Three Course Dinner

Remember last year when you said “I wish I could have my holiday dinners catered.” You were probably scrubbing the roasting pan at the time.

This year you can! Order a gourmet Hanukkah Dinner and make your holiday less stressful.

Make My Chef At Home, your chef at home. Red Seal Chef Nikola Oliver prepares gourmet meals using the best of the season without preservatives, additives or MSG. The menu is focussed around traditional Hanukkah dishes, I was told brisket is mandatory! Prepared at Temple Israel, this meal is also dairy free.

Gourmet three course Dinner for Four $150 including delivery (If you are light eaters, even on a holiday, there is plenty for 6). Delivered December 20th, 21st or 22nd. (Place your order for the day you would like delivery, I will call to confirm and schedule the best time.)

The Traditional Hanukkah Menu

Chicken Soup with Matzoh Balls
Double strength chicken broth garnished with carrot coins, celery, sliced chicken breast and herbed matzoh balls.

My Chef At Home Caesar Salad
Tender romaine greens tossed with a creamy, mild, roasted garlic dressing, green goddess croutons, cherry tomatoes and olives.

Braised Beef Brisket
Melt-in-your-mouth tender slices of brisket braised with tomatoes, red wine, caramelized onions and leeks and rich beef stock.

Potato Latkes
Traditional potato pancakes fried in a good quality oil. Comes with Calvados (apple brandy) Spiked Applesauce. Also comes with sure-fire crispy heating directions.

Roasted Garlic Whipped Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes gently whipped with roasted garlic. If your family thinks Hanukkah is really just about the latkes I can omit the mashed and fry up a double batch of them.

Baked White Bean Casserole
A substantial main dish to make the vegetarian in the crowd thankful, and a great side dish for everyone else to enjoy. White cannellini beans are simmered with leeks, carrot, celery, zucchini, peppers, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and topped with a crisp garlicky herb crust.

Braised Red Cabbage
Chef’s favourite! Shredded cabbage braised in a slow oven with bay leaf and apples.

Candied Carrots
Tender carrots tossed with a brown sugar glaze. Get the kids to eat their veggies!

Homemade Ontario Apple Crisp
A mix of McIntosh, Spy, and Cortland apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar and baked under a crumbly maple, oat crust. A beautiful dessert everyone enjoys, bake in the oven while you enjoy your main for a mouth-watering aroma. If you don’t keep kosher you may wish to serve with your favourite ice cream.

2008 Nov 12
Turkey, Thyme and Trimmings Dinner for Four

Remember last year when you said “I wish I could have my holiday dinners catered.” You were probably scrubbing the turkey pan at the time.

This year you can! Order a economically priced gourmet Turkey, Thyme and Trimmings Dinner and make your holiday less stressful.

Make My Chef At Home, your chef at home. Red Seal Chef Nikola Oliver prepares gourmet meals using the best of the season without preservatives, additives or MSG. Prepared at Temple Israel, this meal is also dairy free.

Gourmet, three course, Christmas Dinner for Four: $150 including delivery.

Turkey, Thyme and Trimmings

Honeyed Harvest Butternut Squash Soup
Get everyone to the table while you sort out the kitchen, or save for a midnight snack with turkey sandwiches.

My Chef At Home Caesar Salad
Tender romaine greens tossed with a creamy, mild, roasted garlic dressing, green goddess croutons, cherry tomatoes and olives.

Oven Roasted Turkey
Over a pound of meat per person, no bones! If you are light eaters (even on a holiday!) there is plenty for 6.

Homemade Thyme Turkey Gravy
REAL gravy made with pan drippings, turkey stock and fresh thyme. No preservatives, additives or MSG.

Savoury Stuffing with Sun-dried Cranberries
Classic bread stuffing.

Roasted Garlic Whipped Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes gently whipped with roasted garlic.

Baked White Bean Casserole
A substantial main dish to make the vegetarian in the crowd thankful, and a great side dish for everyone else to enjoy. White cannellini beans are simmered with leeks, carrot, celery, zucchini, peppers, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and topped with a crisp garlicky herb crust.

Braised Red Cabbage
Shredded cabbage braised in a slow oven with bay leaf and apples.

Candied Carrots
Tender carrots tossed with a brown sugar glaze. Get the kids to eat their veggies!

Homemade Ontario Apple Crisp
A mix of McIntosh, Spy, and Cortland apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar and baked under a crumbly maple, oat crust. A beautiful dessert everyone enjoys, bake in the oven while you enjoy your main far a mouth-watering aroma. If you don’t keep kosher you may wish to serve with your favourite ice cream.

2008 Nov 12
Holiday Entertaining Menu

This one is a little long to post here. The a la carte menu includes everything you need to put on a holiday buffet: salads, apps, mains, starches, veggies, and dessert buffet.

Email me at Nikola@MyChefAtHome.ca and I will send you a copy.

2008 Nov 12
And finally the Staff Lunch Menu

My Chef At Home specializes in providing a delicious holiday lunch for your staff in the middle of their work day. We are used for Staff Appreciation, Grand Openings, Company Picnics, staff showers and birthdays, TGiF celebrations and Christmas Parties. This service is designed to not interfere with daily schedules or production. The food is all scratch prepared with pride using the best ingredients available and without additives, preservatives or MSG. Chef Nikola will also tailor a menu especially for your organization.
Email the chef at Nikola@MyChefAtHome.ca for a printable version or with any questions.

Salads

Coleslaw
Everyone comments that my coleslaw is ‘actually good, and not just filler’. Shredded cabbage & carrots marinated in a sweet, light, creamy dressing with raisins & apple.

Roasted Veggie
Chef’s selections of market fresh veggies in a light balsamic herb vinaigrette.

Tarragon Bean Salad
Fresh veggies and My Chef At Homes Tarragon Vinaigrette tossed with chickpeas, green beans, kidney beans, black and white beans.

Pasta Salad
Tuna and shell pasta mixed with a creamy herb dressing.

German Potato Salad
Yukon Gold potatoes, hard boiled eggs and paprika make the perfect potato salad.

Caesar Salad
Romaine lettuce tossed with baby tomatoes, olives, green goddess croutons and
My Chef At Home’s Lemony Caesar Dressing.

Entree Options

Soup & Salad Bar
Includes all 6 salad choices, sweet assortment and your choice of two soups
Vegetarian Potato and Leek Parsley Corn Chowder
Honey Harvest Butternut German Split Pea
Classic Creamy Tomato Minestrone

Oven Roasted Turkey with Thyme Gravy
Includes top three salad choices and sweet assortment.
Roasted Turkey Sun-dried Cranberry Dressing
Vegetarian Bean Bake Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Roast Beef
Tender Sliced Beef Roasted Garlic Au Jus
Vegetarian Bean Bake Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

My Chef At Homes award winning Chili
Award winning Chili A Vegetarian version Chili
Corn Succotash Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Bread basket Corn Bread Biscuits

Desserts

Holiday Cookie Tray
An assortment of chef’s favourite holiday cookies.

English Trifle
A favourite holiday treat made with fresh vanilla custard, fruit, and sponge cake.

Brownie Platter
Have you ever made brownies for 600? I perfected this recipe while working at a kosher summer camp.

Christmas Bundt Cake
Sun-dried Cranberries and orange zest and brandy make a cake full of holiday spirit.

Fresh Fruit Tray
Arrangement of pineapple, melon, oranges, grapes and berries.
Beverages
Assortment of soda, water and juices.

2008 Nov 13
Yes!!!
I love the Christmas time because of all the good cookies and the advent time!! Hmmmmmm Yummy!!

2008 Nov 14
OliversRock - Sounds yummy. Hope your business keeps you busy enough over the holidays, but at the same time you have time to enjoy them yourself. If I hear of anyone looking for the type of services your company offers I will pass the info along.