Ottawa Magazine - Places to Watch [General]

2008 Oct 27
According to the latest issue of Ottawa Magazine here is a list of places in the Ottawa area to watch as up-and-coming for 2009 (alphabetical order)\

Atelier
B/side Wine & Small Plates
Big Easy's Seafood & Steak House
Black Cat Cafe
DiVinio Wine Studio
Farb's Kitchen & Wine Bar
Fraser Cafe
The Moon Room
Murray Street Kitchen Charcuterie Wine
Navarra
Play Food & Wine

Of course some of these are up-and-running, others are in the works and will open soon...

Any thoughts?

2008 Oct 27
DiVino is definitely to watch. You can't get in on a Saturday night without a reservation anymore.

2008 Oct 28
where/what is play food & wine?

2008 Oct 28
Play Food & Wine is the new restaurant being opened by Stephen Beckta in the Market... per his website it looks like it will open in January 2009.

2008 Oct 28
MMF - Here is some of the stuff that was written in two seperate areas of the aforementioned Ottawa Magazine - Best Restaurants Issue.

Stephen Beckta will see his staff go from 30 to 70 when he opens his second restaurant. The new 120 seat eatery will be named Play and housed in a heritage building at 1 York Street. One York is owned by Sarah Jennings and her husband Ian Johns. Beckta says the venue will be "more playful, less formal, and less expensive. So as to focus on shorter and more frequent visits." Expected to open in January, serving quality food with a more relaxed feel. Look for crazy-ass cheeses and charcuterie. www.playfoodandwine.com
(Compiled from The City and The Ones To Watch articles).

2008 Nov 9
Well.....we made it into the Ottawa Magazine!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! (Nov. issue) From what I keep reading on this website, only the best restaurants make it in this magazine and I hope we become one of your #1 restaurants to try this fall!

thx to everyone

2008 Nov 9
Yep, that article really makes the reader drool! Is business at Jean Albert's (LeRoy's ) increasing as a result? I have to admit to being very interested in the fried chicken with waffles.

2008 Nov 10
Soul Food - I too read that article, and I have to say my mouth was watering. (BTW, cute pic of yourself & your lovely bride).

The food described by writer Shawna Wagman was enough to set off anyone's curiosity...

Mains - Gumbo, Southern Fried Chicken, Ribs with Whiskey BBQ Sauce, Fried Pork Chops, Chili Cheese Fries

Sides - Homemade Mac & Cheese, Collard Greens, Baked Beans, Candied Yams, Creamed Corn, Sweet Water Bread

Beverages - Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Desserts - Sweet Potato Pie, Banana Pudding, Southern Peach Cobbler

This is definitely a roll up your sleeves and get messy with your food kind of place!

LeRoy, I'm looking forward to my first visit!

2008 Dec 16
Farbs Kitchen and Wine Bar is now open on Beechwood....anyone been yet?? I heard it is the guys from Fraser Cafe!

www.farbskitchen.com