Fall Foliage and Food [General]

2008 Oct 10
I want to get out and experience the fall colours in their peak, but want to combine it with a meal. If you had a good 4-5 hours through the first part of the day to take them in, where would you go? Gatineau and stop at a local restaurant? An Ontario or Quebec sugar bush and eat pancakes? Pack a picnic somewhere?

We have a car so that isn't a limitation.

2008 Oct 10
I can't comment on the food near Gatineau but it is at pretty much full colour now, and amazing as usual. They have lots of picnic areas if making your own food and viewing the colours while doing it is an option, the forecast for the next while looks great for doing so.

Pic from yesterday -->

2008 Oct 10
A picnic sounds like a great plan, but if you opt for Gatineau Park, consider having lunch at the Cafe Soupe'Herbe in Old Chelsea - great vegetarian food, and after lunch, you're just a hop, skip, and jump from the park info center if you need maps, etc. Mind you, the park could be a bit of a zoo this weekend. We did some hiking (and lunching) there last Tuesday and beat the rush. If you do head for Soupe'Herbe, it's best to get there before noon... or make a reservation.

2008 Oct 11
I've done a tour through the Gatineaus and ended up at Pot au Feu in Wakefield for some delicious home-style French food like tortiere and stew.

On a day like today you'd likely be fine on their little patio beside the river.

Lovely.

2008 Oct 20
Our long drive left us quite hungry by the time we got to Wakefield, so we were happy to have found Chez Eric Chez Eric.

After we ate we got some really cute pictures of the two of us overlooking the river and the covered bridge. The photo I've attached was on the road, almost in Montebello.

2008 Oct 21
Four replies and not a single mention of Les Fougères in Chelsea? Try it, you won't be sorry. Les Fougères