Bon Appetit Ottawa 2008 [Events]

2008 Mar 29
Is anybody going to this years Bon Appetit Fundraising cocktail this year?
www.bonappetitottawa.ca/
I haven't been before but I just got some early bird tickets. Anyone been before who wants to shed any comments/thoughts? What am I in for? haha

2008 Mar 31
Hi Sadie,
I've been going to Bon Appetit events for many years, and for awhile I confess some frustration because the lineups were excessively long, and the food just too difficult to eat while trying to balance a drink at the same time. I was aso discouraged in previous years that there didn't seem enough counter space and/or seating to at least retreat for a few moments to enjoy what you were able to get.
Happily, I can say the event last year was much improved.
For starters, more chefs seem to be getting the idea, finally, that people who are expected to hold a wine glass don't appreciate a plate of slop to negotiate with a spoon or fork at the same time. Easy-to-eat finger-friendly nibbles is much more civilized, and more common these days.
Also, there were more places to rest plates last year. And it seemed the crowds were a bit more thinned out and better behaved. (I've actually been at other functions where I've spotted people filling Zip-Loc bags with shrimp and truffles to take home.)
So, on balance I think you'll have a good experience at Bon Appetit , assuming organizers are learning from the past. Last year was an impressive event, and I expect this year's will be also.
Kind regards,
Ron