BBQ and infrared gun [Cooking]

Oct 22
Now that we're about a week away from being blanketed in snow, I decided to get a new BBQ (Blackstone Tailgater).
It's a half grill, half griddle, and should be all kinds of awesome for doing outdoor cooking for 2.
I'm looking at getting an infrared temperature gun to keep track of the griddle surface temp.
I ran across this one that looks like a professional chef model that has a temperature probe built in as well as a timer. Looks terrific, if a bit spendy.
www.amazon.ca

Oct 22
Did you check out Thermoworks products?

Oct 22
That black stone looks amazing! I’d love to have one of those.
I feel like for money I’d rather have a more moderately priced infrared thermometer and a separate thermopro (www.amazon.ca)
I like that it has a probe on a heatproof cord so you can set temp alarms and check temps without opening the lid.

It’s more clutter to have two separate thermometers though.

Oct 22
I use instant read thermometers from Thermoworks and they work great. I did a quick check on the Thermoworks website and they sell a combination unit. You should be able to get it from Capital BBQ on Slack Road as it is listed on the website:

bbqing.com

Oct 22
I recently bought an Ooni Koda pizza oven and bought this infrared gun to be able to check the temperature of the pizza stone. It's cheap but has worked well, as far as I can tell anyway

www.amazon.ca

Oct 23
I've seen George Motz use it on his videos and it is a total power move. I recently invested in a miniature metal detector for detecting pellets in the grouse, ducks and geese I shoot as well as a commercial grade vacuum sealer and there is no price to put on the satisfaction of having bad ass cooking gadgets.

Oct 23
I got the BBQ at Walmart. It should be available for pickup today. It was $100 cheaper than Amazon (just over $400 with tax). It's propane, but I'll be stripping the NG parts off my current BBQ to convert the new one.

I think it's pretty amazing that I can take the grill box off and cook over the burner on that side if I want to make chili or boil laundry or something. It could change the way we do our non-snow cooking. I suppose I could set it up in the snow, too. It's light enough to move around.

Thanks, G-Lo. I'm looking to get basically the same non-contact infrared thermometer, but a touch cheaper and in black. Same company.
www.amazon.ca